MercedesSport custom components for Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Mercedes-Benz is presenting its new label MercedesSport, under which title the famous luxury car manufacturer will showcase a brand-new range of elegant and sporty individualization products at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland.
As the label's name suggests, the new line of products will be aimed at underlining even further the sporty and elegant character of the stellar Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Among the MercedesSport specially designed elements will be newly styled light-alloy wheels, sports suspensions, aerodynamic and styling components. All MercedesSport labeled elements are designed and produced by Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH in cooperation with the in-house designers and engineers responsible for the standard production models.
The first class that benefits from the new MercedesSport components is the E-Class with its Saloon, Estate, Coupe and Cabriolet versions.
The MercedesSport product range for E-Class features:
- Intelligently designed front aprons, spoiler edges and side skirts ensure an elegant and sporty appearance. Unlike conventional products on the market, the sophisticated "add-on principle" makes it unnecessary to replace the original components.
- Optional rear and roof spoilers, a diffuser-look rear apron insert and fog lamp louvres round off this finely coordinated package of visual and aerodynamic features for the exterior.
- Striking eighteen-inch light-alloy wheels in a trendy bicolor version. These have sections painted in high-sheen black and bear the MercedesSport logo. They are enhanced and protected by a clear varnish coat.
- A sporty suspension, with noticeably stiffer damping, transverse stabilisers and shorter springs to lower the suspension by up to 15 millimetres. This sports suspension kit makes for more direct and sporty handling without compromising the high level of comfort.
- A sports braking system with perforated brake discs and grey brake calipers bearing the Mercedes-Benz logo, for outstanding deceleration and a sporty look.
- A grippy four-spoke sports steering wheel with perforated leather and a silver contrasting seam, optionally available with shift paddles and heating. For a sporty touch in the cockpit, right at your fingertips.
- A stainless steel pedal cluster, stainless steel door entry panels illuminated in white and bearing the MercedesSport logo and black velours floor mats with an edge border and silver contrasting seam, likewise bearing the MercedesSport logo, are further eyecatching features in the interior.It is with these retrofitted features that Mercedes-Benz meets the wishes of customers who wish to enhance and individualise their cars even further.