Chevrolet revealed 2011 Cruze Eco
Chevrolet has revealed its ultra fuel-efficient 2011 Cruze Eco at the New York International Auto Show. The fresh eco ride is fitted with a 1.4-litres Ecotec turbocharged power unit with variable valve timing and achieves an estimated 40 mpg on the highway when combined with a six-speed manual transmission.
Jim Campbell, U.S. vice president Chevrolet marketing says…"The Cruze Eco delivers hybrid-like efficiency without the price tag. Along with the Volt electric vehicle, it demonstrates how Chevrolet is working to bring new products to market that range from gas-friendly to gas-free."
The astonishingly green vehicle utilizes specially designed and innovative features, which boosts its aerodynamics, minimize weight and reduce rolling resistance.
- A lower front grille air shutter that closes at higher speeds to improve aerodynamics and opens at lower speeds to optimize engine-cooling airflow
- The upper grille has more "closeouts" to improve aerodynamics
- A lower front air dam extension, extensive use of underbody panels and a rear spoiler enhance aerodynamics
- A lowered ride height improves aerodynamics
- Unique 17-inch lightweight aluminum wheels
- Ultra-low rolling resistance 17-inch Goodyear tires
Fully prepared for its market launch in the fourth quarter of 2010, the 2011 model year Chevrolet Cruze Eco sprints from 0-60 mph for approximately 10 seconds with the manual transmission and 9 seconds with the six-speed automatic.