2010 NAIAS hosts the premiere of the 2011 Honda CR-Z Hybrid Coupe
The striking 2011 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe made its U.S. production debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, offering sporty styling and agile handling to the hybrid segment.
"The CR-Z is a personal sport hybrid coupe for people with a spirit of adventure and an elevated sense of responsibility toward the environment," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales for American Honda. "It's the first hybrid designed to maximize style and fun, in addition to efficiency and economy."
Under the bonnet of the production CR-Z coupe, the engineers at Honda have fitted a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine with a compact, lightweight Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid-electric system. Hosting a new three-mode drive system, the two-passenger CR-Z allows the driver to choose between Sport, Economy and Normal driving modes.
The exterior of the new production hybrid hatchback is distinquished by its "one-motion" wedge form that originates from the low-slung hood and the broad forward stance. The side profile boasts a deep beltline, which contributes for the vehicle's dynamic tension, while the short wheelbase and the large, wide front grille accents its athletic presence. The high-tech, futuristically finished interior benefits from ergonomically intuitive controls and instrument panel meters illuminated in vibrant blue color. An exclusive sport-oriented cloth seats are designed to provide excellent lateral support along with everyday driving comfort. Open and comfortable, the passenger zone offers joyful and premium ride.
Standard features in the 2011 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe are: Vehicle Stability Assist, an AM/FM/CD/USB audio system with six speakers, automatic climate control, power windows and door locks, remote entry, cruise control, and more.
The new Honda hybrid hatchback will be available at the U.S. market in late summer.
- 1.5-liter SOHC i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with Integrated Motor Assist (IMA)
- 122 horsepower (estimated) @ 6000 rpm (combined engine + IMA)
- 128 lb-ft. of torque (estimated) @ 1,000 - 1,500 rpm (123 lb-ft. for CVT), (combined engine + IMA)
- AT-PZEV CARB Emissions Rating
- Preliminary EPA Estimated Fuel Economy, CVT (City/Highway/Combined): 36/38/37 miles per gallon
- Preliminary EPA Estimated Fuel Economy, MT (City/Highway/Combined): 31/37/33 miles per gallon
- Overall Vehicle Length x Width x Height (in): 160.6 x 68.5 x 54.9 (including antenna)
- Wheelbase (in.): 95.8
- Weight (lbs., preliminary estimates): Approximately 2,670 (MT) to 2,725 (CVT)
- 3-Mode Drive System (Sport/Normal/ECON)
- Eco Assist™ System
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission (standard)
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Paddle Shifter System (available)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Automatic Climate Control
- 16-inch Alloy Wheels
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Security System with Remote Entry
- Cruise Control
- 160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) playback capability and 6 Speakers
- MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
- USB Audio Interface
CR-Z EX Features
- Adding to or replacing features on the CR-Z
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® with Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition (Available)
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Fog Lights
- Perforated Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Aluminum Shift Knob with Leather (6MT)
- Textured Aluminum Pedals
- 360-Watt AM/FM/CD Premium Audio System with MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) playback capability and 7 Speakers including Subwoofer