2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe is extremely fun
2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe is officially announced from the company. It is the newest member of the Infiniti Performance Line and features new bumpers, side sills, a rear spoiler, chrome exhaust tips, and exclusive 19" wheels fitted with Bridgestone Potenza RE50A tires.
The interior is refreshened, too. It includes leather upholstery, red accent stitching, and "Silk Obi" aluminum trim. Furthermore, the car is equipped with a Bose audio system, GPS navigation, a RearView Monitor, and a moonroof.
IPL G Coupe is powered by 3.7 liter V6 petrol engine with 348 hp (260 kW) and 374 Nm of torque (276lb-ft). There are an improvement of 18hp and 8Nm compared to the standard G Coupe. The more power comes from a high-flow exhaust and a revised ECU.
The handling is also improved, thaks to the revised suspension. IPL G Coupe has a stiffer springs - 20 per cent at the front and 10 per cent at the rear and new shock absorbers. The high performance braking system grants excellent stopping power and RWD with a Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VSLD) delivers ultimate fun.
"When you drive the IPL G Coupe, the first thing you notice is the surge in sound and acceleration feel. The inspiring swell of sound is in complete harmony with the acceleration feel as engine speed increases.", commented Infiniti Vice President Ben Poore.
Further details and price list will be revealed later this year. The first cars will be available in the USA dealerships in December 2010.
2011 IPL G Coupe Specification:
- IPL-tuned 3.7-liter DOHC 24-valve VQ37HR V6
- 348 horsepower @ 7,400 rpm
- 276 lb-ft torque @ 5,200 rpm
- IPL-tuned high-flow dual exhaust
- Close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter or 7-speed automatic transmission with solid magnesium paddle shifters
- IPL-tuned performance suspension with independent front double wishbone / independent rear multi-link, front and rear stabilizer bars
- 19-inch IPL split 7-spoke graphite-finish wheels (19x8.5" front / 19x9" rear)
- P225/45R19 front / P245/40R19 rear W-rated Bridgestone Potenza RE50A summer tires
- 14.7:1 sport-tuned steering gear
- 4-wheel ventilated disc sport brakes with aluminum-alloy 4-piston opposed front brake calipers / 2-piston opposed rear calipers
- Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VSLD)
- IPL aerodynamics with front and rear fascias, side sills and rear spoiler
- Unique IPL emblem
- IPL engine cover
- Red-stitched sport front seats and steering wheel
- Aluminum pedals and footrest
- Interior colors: Monaco Red Leather and Graphite Leather
- Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® premium audio system
- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information, XM NavWeather™ with Real-Time Weather and 3-day forecast (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Zagat® Restaurant Guide and 9.3GB Music Box® Hard Drive
- RearView Monitor
- Rear Sonar System
- Exterior colors: Malbec Black and Graphite Shadow