2011 Porsche Cayenne US market launch
Porsche has announced that its new-generation 2011 Porsche Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo are now available in the brand's showrooms across the US, offering more performance, luxury and efficiency levels.
Both new luxury vehicles are styled and engineered to strengthen even more the market positions of the extremely successful Cayenne SUV.
2011 Porsche Cayenne standard features:
- Fully re-styled exterior design that appears sleeker and smaller when in fact it is larger than the previous model
- All-new and more spacious cabin that raises the luxury bar and puts it on par with the award-winning interior found in the Panamera Gran Turismo
- More rear cargo room and interior space for the rear passengers thanks to a longer wheelbase and rear seats that adjust fore and aft with seat-back incline positions
- Significant weight savings as Porsche engineers shaved roughly 400 lbs. overall (145 lbs. alone with a lighter yet still robust body structure) when compared with the previous Cayenne models
- A new active all-wheel drive system that can be paired with Porsche's new Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) Plus option to provide agile on-road driving dynamics, yet it's still extremely capable when the pavement ends
- New high-end audio systems from Bose® and Burmester® and new safety systems like the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), Lane Change Assistant (LCA), and Adaptive Cruise Control
For the US market, the new-generation Porsche Cayenne will be available in four variants: the 2011 Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne S Hybrid and Cayenne Turbo. The S and Turbo models are available now, and the Cayenne and Cayenne S Hybrid are scheduled for market launch this fall. The 2011 Cayenne model lineup boasts the following MSRPs:
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne - $46,700
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne S - $63,700
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid - $67,700
- 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo - $104,800
For powering the new generation Cayenne, a 300-horsepower 3.6-liter V6 is mounted in the Cayenne, a 400-horsepower 4.8-liter V8 is placed in the Cayenne S, and a ultra-potent 500-horsepower twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V8 is fitted in the Cayenne Turbo.