2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C is now available on the Japanese market. The upgraded version of WRX STI is faster, lighter and more agile than the stock car. The facelift of Impreza WRX debuted earlier this year at the New York auto show.
The performance upgrade features an ECU remap and new ball-bearings for the twin-scroll turbocharger. The total power of the 2.0 liter horizontally opposed 4-cylinder engine is 308PS (227 kW) and 430Nm (317 lb-ft).
The weight reduction consists of an minum bonnet, smaller battery and 18" superlight alloys fitted with Bridgestone POTENZA RE070 high-performance tires in 245/40 R18.
Among the upgrades, WRX STI Spec C has a mechanical rear limited-slip differential from the previous Torsen type as well as having the front chassis reinforced with a new cross member.
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI spec C
Enhancement of Engine performance:
- Ball bearings of the turbine axle were newly adopted to reduce friction in the turbocharger. With the optimized ECU programming, the engine increases the maximum torque by 8 Nm, compared to the base WRX STI model, and it offers smoother and quicker response to the accelerator pedal and excellent accelerating performance.
- An inter-cooler water spray prevents rise in intake-air temperature at continued high-load driving, providing stable engine performance and improved efficiency.
Enhancement of Chassis performance:
- Reinforcement of the cross member in front-suspensions offers a linear steering response.
- Rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential) system was changed to a mechanical type from a Torsen type to obtain the steady and powerful traction during cornering.
- Bridgestone "POTENZA RE070" (245/40R18) were adopted to enhance cornering ability and higher grip performance, especially in dry conditions.
- Nimble handling with a firm steering feel is assured by increasing oil flow volume in the power steering system.
- An aluminum engine hood and a downsized battery, which make the front section of the vehicle lighter, produce better maneuverability.
- Laminar glasses were adopted in the front and side windows. They lightened the upper section of the body weight, resulting in improved stability during cornering.
- Newly-designed lightweight 18-inches alloy wheels are standard to offer excellent road-hugging property by reducing unsprung weight.
- A structural change of fuel pomp provides stable fuel delivery even on high-load driving.
- Gold colored "brembo" brake calipers are standard.
- The front bucket seats (fabric with red stitch) are standard on models with 18-inches alloy wheels.
- The "RECARO" seats are optional with SRS front side airbags and SRS curtain airbags on models with 18-inches alloy wheels.
- Engine type: Horizontally-Opposed 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve turbocharged engine
- Displacement: 1,994 cc
- Maximum output: 227kW (308 PS)/6,400 rpm
- Maximum torque: 430 Nm (43.8 kgfm)/4,400 rpm
- Turbo type: Ball-bearing type twin scroll turbocharger