2012 Hyundai Genesis
2012 Hyundai Genesis was introduced at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show.
The car features some changes like revised front and rear bumpers, a modified grille, aggressive side skirts, and brushed aluminum window trim. It also has new headlights, LED daytime running lights, and restyled taillights. It is a complete facelift ot the previous model.
The engine range includes 3.8 liter V6 with 338PS (248 kW) and 394Nm (291 lb-ft) of torque. A mighty 4.6 liter V8 with 390PS and 439Nm (324 lb-ft) of torque and top of range R-Spec with 5.0 liter V8 with whopping 435PS and 509Nm (376 lb-ft) of torque.
2012 Hyundai Genesis is extremely well equipped and comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission, big brakes, and a retuned suspension with a larger rear stabilizer bar.
The R-Spec model also has a sport-tuned suspension, a recalibrated steering system, dark chrome exterior accents, and exclusive 19" alloy wheels.
Hyundai didn't reveal any price lists, but the car will be much cheaper than the competitors from BMW and Mercedes.
2012 Genesis is going to hit the market later this year.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
- New 5.0-liter R-Spec Direct Injection V8 performance flagship model added
- Most powerful Hyundai engine ever with 429 horsepower
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheel design with premium machined finish
- Dark chrome headlamp inserts
- Unique R-Spec sport transmission, suspension and steering calibrations
- Direct injection technology added to Lambda 3.8-liter V6 engine for 15 percent improved output (333 HP), improved fuel economy and emissions
- In-house-developed eight-speed automatic transmissions for all engines
- More aggressive grille and front fascia design
- New headlight design with LED accents and daytime running lights
- Sportier rocker panel design
- Folding mirrors with integrated puddle lamps
- New, brushed aluminum finish window surround
- Redesigned rear taillights
- Redesigned rear fascia with integrated dual asymmetrical exhaust tips
- New 17-inch alloy wheel design (3.8 model)
- New interior woodgrain colors for Black, Beige and Saddle leather interiors
- New Twilight Blue Pearl exterior color (replaces Sapphire Blue Pearl)