2012 Imperia GP
There is a new automaker on the horizon - Imperia Automobiles. Besides the interesting name, the company makes an interesting car - Imperia GP. Actually, the Imperia brand had its growth between 1900 and 1950, but now they are ready with a new retro styled model.
Imperia GP follows the lines of a Wiesmann or Morgan and features hybrid technology.
The car will actually go on sale in 2012 at decent price - 89 950 EUR.
Imperia GP is powered by a 1.6 liter turbo engine with 210 PS (154 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft)and an electric motor with 136 PS (100 kW). The car accelerates from stand still to 100 km/h in 4 seconds flat.
The astonishing thing about it is the fuel consumption - 1.9L/100km and CO2 emissions less than 50 g/km. It also can go up to 70 km (43 miles) only on electricity.
With the high-efficient batteries, the recharging takes only 4 and a half hours.
- Engine Type Petrol Layout 4 in line turbo Displacement 1.6 l Maximum torque 260 Nm Maximum power 156 kW Gearbox 5 speed
- Motor Type Induction Maximum torque 300 Nm Maximum power 100 kW
- Batteries Type Li-Polymer Layout 1P96S Nominal voltage 355 V Capacity 31 A.h Range on batteries > 70 km
- Battery charger Maximum power 3 kW Net plug 220 V 16 A Charging time 85% in 4h 100% in 5h
- Chassis: Steel spaceframe including safety cage
- Body: Composite
- Suspensions: Double wishbones
- Rims: 18" alloy
source: worldcarfans.com via Autoblog.com