2012 Volkswagen Up Price - £7 995
Volkswagen hits the UK market with the all new 2012 Up. The small city car is priced at just £7 995 and will be available in the spring of 2012.
2012 Volkswagen Up was introduced at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. This is a small four-seater will highly efficient engines. There will be three trim levels and two 1.0 litre three-cylinder petrol engines as well as a BlueMotion Technology version. A five-door version is expected to join the line-up in the second half of 2012.
The entry level Take Up! is priced at just £7 995 with 1.0 liter 60PS engine. The standard equipment includes include body-coloured bumpers, daytime running lights, front and side head/thorax airbags, the new RCD 215 CD radio with aux-in, rear ISOFIX points, and 14" steel wheels.
The second trim level – Move Up! is priced at £8 970. It adds remote central locking, air conditioning, electric front windows, easy-entry seats, a height-adjustable driver's seat, variable-height load floor and 60:40 split/fold rear seats. Outside, the Move up! gains body-coloured door mirrors and handles. If you add just £360 more, the BlueMotion Technology adds a Stop/Start system that reduces urban fuel consumption by up to six per cent, battery regeneration and low rolling resistance tyres.
The top-of-range High Up! is priced at £10 390 and it comes with 1.0 liter 75PS engine. It also includes heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake grip, electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors, the Maps & More personal infotainment device and a choice of dashboard colour. From the outside, the High up! is distinguished by its front fog lights and 15" alloy wheels.
- Sensor pack (£350): parking sensors, cruise control, multifunction computer
- Driver's assistance pack (£400): City Emergency Braking, ESP, passenger airbag deactivation switch
- Comfort pack (£350): remote central locking, electric front windows, height adjustable driver's seat
- Winter pack (£350): front fog lights, heated front seats, electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors
- Chrome pack (£250): chrome door mirror caps and side strips
- Sports pack (£450): 16-inch alloy wheels, sports suspension and tinted glass from the B-pillar backwards
- Sound pack (£100): four additional speakers (two front, two rear)
- Leather-look pack (£650): leather-look seats, leather-covered steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake, plus carpet mats
Volkswagen Up! pricing:
|Trim level||Engine derivative||CO2, g/km||Combined mpg||Price, £ RRP OTR|
|Take up!||1.0-litre 60 PS 5 spd manual||105||62.7||7,995|
|Move up!||1.0-litre 60 PS 5 spd manual||105||62.7||8,970|
|Move up!||1.0-litre BlueMotion Technology 60 PS 5 spd manual||97*||67.2*||9,330|
|High up!||1.0-litre 75 PS 5 spd manual||108||60.1||10,390|
|up! black||1.0-litre 75 PS 5 spd manual||108||60.1||11,180|
|up! white||1.0-litre 75 PS 5 spd manual||108||60.1||11,180|