Chrysler has introduced the new 2013 Dodge Dart Mopar. The car will be shown at next week’s Chicago Auto Show. It will be produced in limited series of just 500 units.
“Our new Mopar ’13 Dart will turn heads and stand out from the crowd. For this special, limited- edition vehicle, we specifically kept the driver in mind as we added select Mopar parts and accessories.”, said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group’s service, parts and customer-care brand.
2013 Dart Mopar is powered by a 1.4 liter Multi-air turbocharged petrol connected to a manual gearbox. A performance-tuned exhaust is also installed.
The exterior boasts gloss-black finish with a pair of car-length Mopar Blue stripes, which mirror each of the three previous Mopar- themed models. There is also a performance steering-gear calibration, a 7 mm lowered suspension with 18” wheels fitted with 225/40 R18 tires. Behind them, a premium brake kit with slotted rotors is installed. Other highlights include Mopar’s ground-effects kit – a front-chin spoiler, one-piece deck-lid spoiler, as well as a unique and aggressively styled rear diffuser.
The interior boasts a serialized plate, a custom Mopar Blue leather seat with black accents, Mopar Blue accent thread, as well as light- black chrome and gloss-black elements.The special-edition Mopar ’13 includes industry-first wireless charging for smartphones, a blue-stitched leather-wrapped steering wheel with an identically garnished shifter knob, a bright sport-pedal kit, premium Mopar carpet floor mats, door-sill guards and an 8.4” navigation screen.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
• Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
• Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user- guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
• Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
• Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
• Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set
• 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race
• Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
• WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf