Jaguar has officially revealed the new 2013 XFR-S high-performance saloon. The car is exhibited at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show.
It is powered by the same engine as XKR-S – a 5.0 liter supercharged V8 with 550HP (404 kW) and 678Nm (502 lb-ft) of torque. It is coupled with a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission with Quickshift. 0-100 km/h in 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 300 km/h (186 mph) – electronically limited. Despite all that power, the car is able to return 15 mpg in city – 23 mpg on highway and 18 mpg on combined cycle with CO2 emissions of 270 g/km.
“What we have given the XFR-S is greater handling capacity, greater precision and greater capability. It’s a car for driving purists – it will feel engaging within the first 50 meters but remains accessible and confidence-inspiring at any speed.”, commented Mike Cross, Chief Engineer, Vehicle Integrity, Jaguar
The car is equipped with Electronic Active Differential and Dynamic Stability Control system for perfect handling and traction. It rolls 20” Varuna forged alloys with wide low-profile tires to improve grip.
The exterior features new front bumper, a carbon fiber front splitter and extended side sills. The rear bumper is also different with integrated carbon fiber diffuser. The massive rear wing provides additional downforce.
The price for the high-performance saloon is $99,000 and it will hit the market, next summer.
JAGUAR XFR-S: TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Engine 5-liter V8 supercharged with Intelligent Stop/Start
- Capacity (cc) 5,000
- Bore/Stroke (mm) 92.5/93
- Peak Power (hp@rpm) 550@6500
- Peak Power (kW@rpm) 405@6500
- Peak Torque (lb/ft @rpm) 502@2500-5500
- Peak Torque (Nm@rpm) 680@2500-5500
- Transmission ZF Eight-speed ‘Quickshift’ automatic
- 0-60 mph (seconds) 1 4.4
- 0-100km/h (seconds) 1 4.6
- Top Speed (mph | km/h) 1 186 | 300 (electronically limited)
- Fuel Economy2 (US EPA Estimated mpg) 15 city / 23 highway / 18 combined (Same as XFR)
- CO2 Emissions (g/km) 270