2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT [video]
Jaguar has announced the new 2014 XKR-S GT at the New York Auto Show. Extensive aerodynamic and suspension changes, as well as the addition of carbon ceramic brakes, have combined to give the XKR-S GT race-car inspired connected feel and braking performance.
Some of the highlights include:
Carbon ceramic brake system with 398mm and 380mm discs front/rear, gripped respectively by six- and four-piston monoblock calipers
- Electronic Pre-Fill system pressurises braking system and maximises braking performance
- Addition of carbon-fibre front splitter, dive planes, extended wheelarch spats, an elevated rear wing, a rear diffuser and an optimised aluminium front valance contribute to a maximum downforce figure of 145kg (320lb) at the XKR-S GT's electronically limited top speed of 186mph (300km/h)
- The addition of race-derived, height-adjustable and retuned adaptive dampers with twin-spring system. Spring rates up by 68% at the front and 25% at the rear
- New development of front and rear suspension from the F-TYPE sports car
- The fitment of an F-TYPE steering rack for enhanced agility
- Wider 20" forged alloy wheels shod with Pirelli Corsa 255/35 front and 305/30 rear tyres for maximised grip
- Bonnet louvres aid engine cooling and reduce under-bonnet air pressure
The sports car is limited to just 30 units available exclusively in Polaris White finish.
The engine is the well-known supercharged 5.0 liter V8 – 550HP (404 kW) and 680Nm (501 lb-ft) of torque. It is mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 300 km/h (186 mph).View All (20) Pictures