Audi A8, R8 4.2 Spyder, TT and TT Roadster priced for US
2011 Audi A8 and R8 4.2 Spyder are now available to order in the US.
The limousine (A8) is priced at $78 050 and the long version (A8L) starts at $84 000. The standard equipment of both is extremely rich. Both feature 4.2 liter V8 with 377PS (277kW), quattro AWD system, 19" alloys and Nappa leather interior. GPS NAV system and MMI touch with handwriting recognition are also available.
The small sports convertible car (R8 4.2 Spyder) starts at $127 700. It is powered by 4.2 liter V8 with 436PS (316kW) and 430Nm (317 lb-ft).
2011 A8 and R8 will arrive at the dealerships in late November this year.
2011 Audi TT quattro Coupe is priced at $38 300 and Audi TT quattro Roadster costs just $41 300. Both cars will arrive at the dealerships in the beginning of the next year. Both cars feature 2.0 liter TFSI engine with 211 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, plus Audi Valvelift System (AVS).
Audi A8 and A8L:
- Aluminum ASF® frame and aluminum body construction; this lightweight construction technique allows the A8 with standard quattro all-wheel-drive to weigh less than even the 2-wheel-drive S Class and 7 Series.
- New Singleframe® grille design.
- Xenon plus adaptive headlights and LED daytime running lights standard.
- Segment-first full LED headlights available.
- LED taillights with ‘tubular optic' design.
- Normal and long wheelbase models available: A8L LWB is 5.1 inches longer and has 5.1 inches of increased rear legroom compared to the A8 NWB model.
- A8 exclusive yacht-styled electronic gear shifter ergonomically designed to help ease use of the new MMI® touch handwriting recognition system.
- 4.2 liter V8 engine that produces 372 horsepower and 328 lb-ft. torque.
- 17 city / 27 highway / 21 mpg combined - best in segment fuel economy is the same as the Mercedes S400 hybrid and better than BMW 7 Series hybrid and 6-cylinder models.1
- Brake energy regeneration and Innovative Thermal Management system.
- The A8 is the only car in the segment to have standard quattro all-wheel-drive, and quattro sport differential with mechanical torque vectoring available.
- 19" wheels with all-season tires.
- BOSE® Surround Sound System.
- 18-way heated front comfort seats.
- New Audi Navigation plus with new menu structure and new ‘tab' concept.
- Industry-first MMI touch with handwriting recognition
- High resolution 8" MMI screen and 7" Driver Information Display
- LED headlights: While all A8 sedans have standard LED daytime running lights, Audi has introduced the first full-LED headlights in the luxury sedan segment. These lights project light that is close to daylight helping equate to less strain on the eyes at night and are more efficient than Xenon or halogen lights; plus creating a strong design statement on the A8.
- Driver Assistance Package: Includes the next generation of Audi's Adaptive Cruise Control, Audi lane assist, and Audi side assist systems. The uniqueness of this new package is the way these systems are integrated to help extend the functionality of Audi pre sense to include emergency braking and passenger compartment crash preparation.
- Premium Package: 22-way comfort/climate seats include front seat ventilation and massage function.
- Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System: This second generation of advanced sound from B&O includes 19 speakers and more than 1400 watts of power, for a sound experience designed for the most demanding audiophiles.
- Rear Seat Entertainment: Business-class level rear seat entertainment with dual 10" screens, separate MMI, media jukebox, Audi music interface & Bluetooth® headphones. Available only in the 2011 Audi A8L model.
Audi R8 4.2 Spyder:
- New standard equipment:
- Bluetooth® mobile phone prep with seatbelt microphone.
- New optional equipment:
- Titanium Sport Package for R8 Coupes
- Enhanced Black Leather Package
- Audi Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Perforated leather wrapped multifunctional sport steering wheel
Audi TT and TT Roadster:
- Standard S line® bumpers, new radiator and fog lamp grille design, xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights, new 18-inch wheels and dual exhaust pipe configuration.
- Five new exterior colors: Volcano Red metallic; Scuba Blue metallic; Oolong Gray metallic; Dakota Gray metallic; Misano Red pearl effect.
- Four new interior colors: Titanium Gray, Magma Red, Nougat Brown.
- All-new 211 hp 2.0 TFSI® engine with Audi Valvelift System (AVS) resulting in more power, torque and improved fuel economy.
- As standard equipment, Audi magnetic ride feature now includes the new ‘Sport' button program which dynamically compliments Audi magnetic ride adaptive suspension damping with adjustments of steering and exhaust sound based on driver input.
- Auto dimming interior mirror and light and rain sensors as standard equipment
- Power seats are standard equipment
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights are standard equipment
- Heated fine Nappa Leather seating surfaces and Audi parking system rear now standard equipment for Prestige models; heated seats available stand alone option (Premium Plus model)
- Optional Navigation Plus w/ 6 CD changer or Audi Music Interface (Premium Plus model)
- New optional wheels for Premium Plus and Prestige models