BBR Mazda MX-5 Mk3 Supercharger Conversion
BBR Cosworth Mazda MX-5 Mk3 Supercharger is equipped with additional engine power than the base model. In fact, BBR now offers two distinct stages of supercharger upgrades with power outputs up to a sensational 258 hp (190 kW).
In this particular tuning, BBR uses extensively modified Cosworth developed hardware as the basis for the conversions. In addition the British company has revised the crucial engine management side of the MX-5. In details, they have replaced the ‘piggy back' Interceptor unit with a Starchip developed remap.
The latter optimizes the Mazda's OEM ECU to the engine parameters needed for forced induction. Another benefit is that this allows further optimization with PROECU software/hardware bundle for DIY OBDII port ECU programming and data logging.
BBR-Cosworth Stage One Mk3 / Mk 3.5 1.8 SE and 2.0i MX-5 Supercharger Conversion Specifications:
- Cosworth designed Inlet manifold housing and hardware extensively modified by BBR for optimum efficiency and reliability.
- Eaton 4th generation MP62 Supercharger
- Intercooler (Air to water)
- High flow calibrated injectors
- High flow replacement air box
- Competition high-grade hoses and fixings throughout
- BBR StarChip ECU remap (DIY conversions supplied with ProECu hardware for installation)
- BBR Cosworth identification badges
- BBR hardware and full DIY instructions
BBR-Cosworth Stage One 1.8 SE / 2.0i MX-5 Supercharger Conversion engine performance
|Mazda MX-5 2.0i MK3||235 BHP / 190 Ib.ft (+77 bhp / +51 lb.ft compared to standard output)|
|Mazda MX-5 2.0i MK3.5||241*BHP / 190 Ib.ft (+83 bhp / +51 lb.ft compared to standard output)|
|Mazda MX-5 1.8SE MK3 / MK3.5||217 BHP / 176 Ib.ft (+93 bhp) / +53 lb.ft compared to standard output)|
Basically, the huge hike in mid-range torque, instant response from the supercharger and progressive power delivery mean that a BBR-Cosworth supercharged MX-5 1.8SE or 2.0i offers matchless in-gear acceleration and drivability.
But this is not all of the upgrade that BBR offer. We all know that performance enthusiasts always seek the ultimate upgrade, there is a new BBR-Cosworth Stage Two MX-5 Supercharger conversion.
The stage two offers unmatched peak figures of up to 258 hp (190 kW) and 280 Nm (206 lb-ft) of torque, even sharper throttle response and a subtle yet, sporting soundtrack. This conversion is of course perfect for fast road or track day use. It adds on the ‘Stage One' upgrades proven BBR components which enhance exhaust and intake flow to maximize performance.
BBR-Cosworth Stage Two Mk3 / 3.5 1.8 SE and 2.0i MX-5 Supercharger Conversion Specifications:
- BBR stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifold
- BBR 2.5 "stainless steel exhaust centre section with metallic sports cat and centre silencer
- BBR stainless steel rear silencer with adjustable 3.5"BBR branded tailpipes
- High flow BBR performance air filter
- BBR StarChip ECU remapping to suit Stage Two mechanical specification
The eventual outcome is a top quality BBR branded exhaust which manages to produce a pleasant note that's subtle, sporting and allows MX-5 owners to tackle long distance motorway driving in confidence.
BBR-Cosworth Stage Two 1.8 SE / 2.0i MX-5 Supercharger Conversion engine performance
|Mazda MX-5 2.0i MK3||252 BHP / 208 Ib.ft (+94 bhp / +69 lb.ft compared to standard output)|
|Mazda MX-5 2.0i MK3.5||258*BHP / 208 Ib.ft (+100 bhp / +69 lb.ft compared to standard output)|
|Mazda MX-5 1.8SE MK3 / MK3.5||231 BHP / 190 Ib.ft (+107 bhp) / +67 lb.ft compared to standard output)|