2012 Brabus Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Bullit Coupe 800
The exceptional Brabus Bullit Coupe 800 is a powerful and ultrafast vehicle based on the two-door Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG model. It will make its' first appearance at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, where the public will have the opportunity to take a close look at it. Instead of the 6.3-liter V8 engine, which powers the production car, a twelve-cylinder engine in BRABUS 800 V12 Biturbo specification dwells beneath the matte-black exterior. It delivers the breathtaking 800 hp (788 bhp) / 588 kW and has a peak torque of 1,420 Nm (1,047 lb-ft). This makes possible for the 2012 Brabus Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Bullit Coupe 800 to accelerate in 3.7 seconds to 100 km/h (62 mph), and in 23.8 seconds from 0 – 300 km/h (186 mph). The top speed is 370 km/h (230 mph). The supercar is also equipped with 20-inch BRABUS Monoblock R wheels, a sport suspension with customer-selectable ride height and damper rates, a high-performance brake system and exclusive cockpit design.
Numerous modifications to the reinforced C-Class body of the Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG were necessary to implant the turbocharged V12 into the engine bay. The BRABUS 800 V12 Biturbo engine is derived directly from the BRABUS E V12 one of ten. For this purpose an up-to-date Mercedes S 600 engine Motor is completely reengineered in the company engine building shop. The three-valve engine is increased from 5.5 to 6.3 liters (336 to 384 cu. in.) with the help of a special crankshaft with longer stroke, larger, forged pistons and an increase in cylinder bore. Intake and outlet ports of both cylinder heads are optimized for mixture flow, and fitted with sports camshafts. The increase of the horsepower was achieved thank to the newly configured exhaust side. In addition, the BRABUS 800 Biturbo system includes two special exhaust manifolds with integrated high-performance turbochargers, and four water-to-air intercoolers. Furthermore, especially for this version was created the stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system with free-flow metal catalysts and driver-controlled butterfly valve. The end result is that the engine now produces 800 PS (788 bhp) / 588 kW at 5,500 rpm and has a peak torque of 1,420 Nm (1,047 lb-ft), which of course is electronically limited in the car to 1,100 Nm (811 lb-ft). In the car is also mounted a seven-speed automatic transmission, which is shifted either automatically or manually via shift paddles on the steering wheel. Therefore, it is no surprise that the acceleration time of the car from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) is just in 3.7 seconds. The top speed is more than 370 km/h (230 mph).
The extraordinary looks of the BRABUS BULLIT Coupe 800 is accompanied by the new BRABUS Monoblock R wheels. Their design includes two times five double spokes arranged on two different plains. While the posterior plain has a titanium paint finish, the anterior surfaces are polished and coated with a smoke-colored clear lacquer, which lends the wheel a highly individual character. They come in sizes of 8.5Jx20 in front and 9.5Jx20. In addition, the high-performance tires are in sizes 235/30 ZR 20 and 275/25 ZR 20 and are supplied Pirelli.
Furthermore, the BRABUS high-performance brake system comprises of vented and grooved steel brake discs that measure 380 x 37 millimeters (15.0 x 1.45 in.) and 12-piston aluminum fixed calipers in the front. They are combined with vented and grooved steel discs (360 x 28 millimeters (14.2 x 1.1 in.)) and six-piston fixed aluminum calipers on the rear axle.
The interior in the cockpit of the Brabus Bullit Coupe 800 is sporty and exquisite. The upholstery is a combination of black leather and Alcantara, which of course matches the outer skin. Red contrasting seams add discrete sporty highlights. The final look is made by the genuine carbon-fiber components on the dashboard, center console and door trim. The steering wheel as well as aluminum pedals and shifter also add to the sporty look of the car.
- 2-door coupe based on the Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe; steel unibody welded to floorpan;
BRABUS BULLIT Coupe 800 aerodynamic-enhancement kit for reduced lift on front and rear axle and reduced drag, consists of:
- front spoiler, air routers for the lateral air inlets and outlets, air vents in the front fenders, rear wing and rear diffuser;
- BRABUS hood with integrated ram-air intake system.
|Length||4,707 mm (185.3 in.)|
|Width||1,795 mm (70.7 in.)|
|Height||1,361 mm (53.6 in.)|
|Curb weight||1,820 kg (4,012 lbs.)|
|Gross vehicle weight||2,160 kg (4,762 lbs.)|
|Tank capacity/reserve||66 l / 14.0 l (17.4 / 3.7 gal.)|
BRABUS 800 V12 Biturbo high-capacity engine based on Mercedes 600;
BRABUS 800 V12 Biturbo engine conversion consisting of:
- displacement increase to 6.3 liters (384 cu. in.) by means of a special crankshaft with longer stroke, larger cylinder bore and corresponding larger pistons;
- mixture-flow-optimized intake and outlet ports of both cylinder heads, including installation of high-performance camshafts;
- BRABUS 800 V12 Biturbo system with two high-performance turbochargers with optimized exhaust manifolds and integrated turbine housings;
- more efficient intercooling system with four water-to-air intercoolers;
- ram-air intake integrated into hood;
- BRABUS stainless-steel twin exhaust system with free-flow metal catalysts and butterfly valve;
- newly programmed mapping for engine and on-board diagnostics.
V12-cylinder three-valve alloy engine with two turbochargers:
|Displacement||6.233 cc (380.4 cu. in)|
|Compression ratio||9.0 : 1|
|Rated power output||800 hp (788 bhp) / 588 kW at 5,500 rpm|
|Peak torque||1,420 Nm (1,047 lb-ft) from 2,100 rpm (electronically limited to 1,100 Nm / 811 lb- ft)|
|max. CO2 emissions||372 g/km (595 g/mile)|
|Fuel type:||Super plus (98 ROZ)|
Rear-wheel drive with limited-slip differential and ESP; Reinforced seven-speed quick-shift automatic gearbox
|1st reverse gear||3.42|
|2nd reverse gear||2.2|
- independent front and rear suspension with height-adjustable BRABUS coilover sport suspension developed in cooperation with BILSTEIN;|
- three-link suspension, anti-dive geometry, Height-adjustable BRABUS struts with gas-pressure shocks with 10-way adjustable bound and rebound, coil springs, BRABUS sport sway bar;
- multi-link suspension, anti-dive and anti-squat geometry. Height-adjustable BRABUS struts with gas-pressure shocks with 10-way adjustable bound and rebound, coil springs, BRABUS sport sway bar;
- one-piece BRABUS Monoblock R alloy wheels with Continental, Pirelli or YOKOHAMA high-performance tires.
- Front: 8.5J x 20 H2 with 235/30 ZR 20
- Rear: 9.5J x 20 H2 with 275/25 ZR 20
dual circuit brake system with Brake Assist and BRABUS high-performance brake system:
- Front: BRABUS 12-piston fixed aluminum calipers with vented and grooved steel discs measuring 380 x 37 mm (15.0 x 1.45 in.)
- Rear: BRABUS six-piston fixed aluminum calipers with vented and grooved steel discs measuring 360 x 28 mm (14.2 x 1.1 in.)
|0 - 100 km/h (62 mph)||3.7 sec.|
|0 - 200 km/h (124 mph)||9.8 sec.|
|0 - 300 km/h (186 mph)||23.8 sec.|
|Top speed||more than 370 km/h / 230 mph|
|Max. city||23.4 l / 100 km (10.0 mpg)|
|Max. highway||10.4 l / 100 km (22.6 mpg)|
|Max. combined||15.1 l / 100 km (15.6 mpg)|
2012 Brabus Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Bullit Coupe 800 has an MSRP starting at EUR 378 000.