Caterham Seven 620R Revealed And To Make Debut At Goodwood Festival of Speed
After Caterham Cars teased its most extreme Seven in the end of May, now the car is ready to be fully revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend (July 12-14). The model will mark the 40 years of developing and building the Seven.
With it the brand is re-inventing the already enviable parameters of its emblematic model through this Seven 620R and will set a new benchmark in the outstanding performance. The car is equipped with a brand new two-litre supercharged Ford Duratec engine, which is able of generating 310 hp (228 kW).
Thanks to this amount of power, Caterham Seven 620R is capable of accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in even less than 2.8 seconds on its way to a top speed of 155 mph. In fact, this puts the 620R at the top of the current range, replacing the legendary Superlight R500.
The car will be driven by the Caterham F1 Team driver Charles Pic up the famous Goodwood hill at the Festival of Speed. In addition, a static version of the new model will also be included on brand's stand at the event alongside other performance vehicles.
620R is the most hardcore production Seven ever built for the road. In addition, it emphasizes Catherhams philosophy of delivering ‘accessible fun' and the traditional Caterham minimalistic, lightweight approach of engineering.
Furthermore, the models also benefits from several other new enhancements such as unique gunmetal chassis, an air-flow optimized nose cone, race-developed cooling package, De Dion rear suspension, wide track front suspension units and high-performance dampers. In addition 620R rides on lightweight 13" alloy wheels fitted with track-inspired Avon ZZR tyres.
In the cockpit one can see many enhancements featured including performance-focused instrumentation and ergonomic switchgear. There are also noticeable carbon fibre interior panels, dash plus carbon fibre race seats and a Q/R race steering wheel.
While the launch edition of Caterham Seven 620 features the sportier ‘R' pack, a slightly less hardcore ‘S' pack will deliver all the power of the original but will also include more accessibility. The ‘S' pack will be launched later this year.
The deliveries of Caterham Seven 620R are expected later this year. The Cr is priced at £49 995 (US $74 325).
Caterham Seven 620R Specifications:
|Engine||2.0-litre Ford Duratec (supercharged)|
|Max Power (bhp/rpm)||311bhp @ 7,700rpm|
|Max Torque (lbs ft/rpm)||219lbsft @ 7,350rpm|
- 2.0-litre Ford Duratec (supercharged)
- 6-speed sequential transmission with flat-shift
- Limited slip differential
- Unique gunmetal chassis
- Carbon-fibre wings
- Air flow optimized nose cone
- Race developed cooling package
- De-Dion rear suspension with high performance dampers
- Wide track front suspension with high performance dampers
- Ventilated front discs and quad piston calipers
- Carbon-fibre interior panels and dash
- Carbon-fibre race seats
- Lightweight 13" alloy wheels with Avon ZZR tyres; 185/55R13 front and 215/55R13 rear
- 4 point race harness
- Q/R Race steering wheel
- High performance focused instrumentation and ergonomic switchgear
- Toggle switch ignition
- Sequential shift lights
- Carbon aero screen
- Black pack
- Front: Adjustable double wishbone with roll bar
- Rear: De Dion axle located by lower A-frame and Watts linkage
- Twin circuit split front/rear with low level warning system. Discs front and rear
- Rack and pinion, 1.93 turns lock to lock
Wheels and Tyres
- Front 6J x 13" AVON ZZR
- Rear 8J x 13" AVON ZZR