2013 Dodge Dart Compact Sedan - a groundbreaking revelation
2013 Dodge Dart is the vehicle which comes to change everything. It is a mixture of Alfa Romeo DNA, fuel-efficient powertrains and Dodge's passion for performance. It is truly fuel efficient, makes you fall in love at first sight (just see how it looks) and offers excitement and agility in driving.
It comes equipped with innovative technologies, class-leading safety features and clever functionality. In other words – it comes to redefine the compact car segment by offering one-of-a-kind personalization, spaciousness, functionality and fun-to-drive dynamics.
First of all let's review the exceptional exterior of this car. 2013 Dodge Dart's designers definitely created it with this vision of the design becoming timeless. This means at least that it is stylish and distinctive and grabs immediately the attention. It has sportish look, athletic lines and aesthetically agile appearance.
In addition, the front of the Dart carries the specific and unmistakable Dodge split crosshair grille. However, it is now with modern and sleek look that "floats" in the front fascia, giving the Dart a full-width mask. You can definitely recognize that it is a Dodge, thank to this.
Moreover, front of the Dart has been designed for smooth airflow around, above and below the car without compromising styling or engine cooling requirements. Next, below the front fascia there is positioned a lower radiator close-out pane, which contributes to the Dart's lower front-end look.
On the other hand the rear view of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart includes an available Charger-inspired "racetrack" full-width taillamp with 152 indirect glow LEDs, and class-exclusive available dual exhausts mounted in the rear fascia.
Another highlight is that the designers of the car put a lot of attention on the details. For instance, have included these eye-capturing elements: standard laser-braised roof welds, high-quality metal Daylight Opening (DLO) moldings painted piano black and standard projector headlamps.
All in all everything that has been made around the design leads to more dramatic aero-dynamical appearance and exceptional proportions, world-class craftsmanship and modern technology.
Next comes the interior of the car. Dodge's interior is crafted with materials and technology typically found in more expensive vehicle segments. In it is included innovative ambient interior lighting, high-quality soft-touch materials and high-tech features.
The interior of the Dart is "driver-centric". All of the controls are put within easy reach of the driver. It might surprise you but the vehicle is really comfortable and spacious inside, and it boasts best-in-class hip and shoulder room.
The high-tech highlight of the 2013 Dodge Dart is the 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LED customizable gauge cluster display with light pipe surround. This one also houses the available class-exclusive Uconnect® Touch 8.4-inch touchscreen Media Center, which is the largest touchscreen in its class.
Furthermore, the center console features auxiliary jacks to plug in a wide variety of electronic devices. It also includes inventive storage solutions, like center console side pockets.
The warm atmosphere in the vehicle is provided of course by the lightning. The available "racetrack" lighting surrounds the floating island bezel. In addition, there is the ambient lighting for the door handles, map pockets, foot wells, glove box, storage bin and illuminated cup holders.
More importantly of course are the engines by which this beauty is powered. Drivers can select from a new 160 horsepower (118 kW) Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter engine, a 160 horsepower (118 kW) 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir® Intercooled Turbo engine and a new 184 horsepower (135 kW) Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter MultiAir 2 four-cylinder engine.
Those engine can be combined with a choice of three different transmissions: six-speed manual, six-speed automatic or six-speed dual dry clutch (DDCT) transmission one.
Furthermore, it is necessary to mention the fact that the Dart is based on the award-winning Alfa Romeo Giulietta. The latter is offers road-holding agility and safety, and exceptional driving dynamics.
In addition, the 2013 Dodge Dart includes lightweight MacPherson strut front suspension,. They were specifically tuned in order to minimize camber loss, resulting in more responsive steering and handling characteristics. The also deliver enhanced ride quality and a reduction in road noise.
Another highlight here is that the 2013 Dart is the first Dodge vehicle to utilize an active grille shutter system. The latter automatically stops airflow through the lower intake at highway speeds when less engine cooling is required and aerodynamic drag is most significant.
When the shutter system is closed it improves aerodynamic performance by redirecting airflow around the front of the vehicle and down the sides. The active grille shutter system will open or close automatically based upon engine coolant temperature and vehicle speed.
2013 Dodge Dart comes equipped with more than 60 safety and security features. The body foundation of the car is sound and strong: it is a high-strength steel content of 68 percent.
Next, driver's and passenger's safety features include 10 standard airbags: dual-stage adaptive venting front driver and passenger air bags, front-seat-mounted driver and passenger pelvic and thorax air bags, two rear-seat-mounted pelvic air bags, front driver and passenger knee air bags and all-row side-curtain air bags.
The Dart also comes equipped with a reactive head-restraint system; available Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection, three-point safety belts in all five seating positions; front driver and passenger dual seat belt pretensioners at the anchor and retractor positions and active load limiters. The three rear seat positions include Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH).
Additional standard safety features on the 2013 Dodge Dart include:
• Four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock disc brakes with electronic brake force distribution and traction control system on all models
• Brake Assist
• Brake-lock differential
• Ready Alert Braking
• Rainy Brake Support
• Hydraulic boost compensation
• Electronic stability control (four-channel active handling system ESC)
• Electronic Roll Mitigation
• Hill-start Assist
• Trailer-sway Control
• ParkView® rear back-up camera
• ParkSense® rear park assist
2013 Dodge Dart will be available in 12 exterior colors: Redline Red Pearl Coat, Header Orange Pearl Coat, Blue Streak Pearl Coat, True Blue Pearl Coat, Winter Chill Pearl Coat, Laguna Blue Clear Coat, Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat, Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat, Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Citrus Peel Pearl Coat, Pitch Black Clear Coat and Bright White Clear Coat.
In addition, customers can choose among 14 interior color and trim combinations with seven interior color environments in cloth or leather fabric: Black denim, Black/Light Diesel Grey, Black/Light Frost Beige, Black/Ruby Red, Diesel Grey/Citrus Peel, Diesel Grey/Light Diesel Grey and Ceramic White/Light Diesel Grey.
Additionally, 2013 Dodge Dart will offer six wheel options, three engine options and three six-speed transmissions, as well as a wide range of outstanding segment-leading features, including:
• World-class aerodynamics
• Class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust
• Class-exclusive "racetrack" LED taillamps
• Class-exclusive choice of either Hyper Black or polished wheels
• Class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect Touch Media Center with built-in radio, navigation, iPod control, climate controls, voice-activated Bluetooth®, SiriusXM Travel Link, weather updates and points of interest
• Class-exclusive 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster display that is easily customizable to the driver's taste. Choices include: digital and analog gauges, navigation turn-by-turn display, eco-meter, fuel economy, audio, phone, compass and temperature read outs
• Class-exclusive floating island bezel
• Class-exclusive heated steering wheel
• Class-exclusive in-seat front passenger seat storage
• Available 506-watt sound system
• Keyless Enter 'n Go with push-button start
• High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps
• Dual-zone automatic temperature control with humidity sensor
• Unsurpassed 10 standard airbags
• ParkView® rear back-up camera
• Blind-spot Monitoring
• Class-exclusive Rear Cross Path Detection
• Best-in-class hip room and shoulder room
The most diverse lineup of gasoline powertrains in the segment – three new engines and three six-speed transmissions:
• New Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that generates an estimated 160 horsepower with the choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission
• The technologically advanced Fiat 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo producing an estimated 160 horsepower and an impressive 184 lb.-ft. of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed DDCT transmission
• New powerful 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir 2 four-cylinder engine that produces an estimated 184 horsepower with the choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission
• Dodge also is giving drivers the opportunity to customize their vehicles, as Mopar will offer more than 150 customization options and themed packages specifically developed for the Dart.
The 2013 Dodge Dart will be available on the market in five trim levels: SE, SXT, Rallye, Limited and R/T (available 3rd quarter 2012) with a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $15 995.