Holden VF Commodore SS V
Holden has announced the VF Commodore SS V, which is expected to make its official debut this weekend. Unveiled as a precursor to the new VF Commodore sport luxury range, the new VF SS V show car applies a serious performance edge to the luxury hero concept Holden previewed in the VF Calais V earlier this week.
The new VF Commodore will introduce a range of technology firsts for an Australian car, including Reverse Traffic Alert, Head-up Display, Blind Spot Alert, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and Auto Park Assist when it arrives in Australian showrooms mid-year.
The VF Commodore sport luxury range is more refined than any car previously produced by Holden, embodying the same design sophistication, premium appointments and attention to detail as the Calais V luxury sport concept.
The SS V has a mature, new aerodynamic exterior design, which has been finished in eye-catching custom Fantale orange metallic paint specially created by Holden for the show car. There is also a quad-pipe exhaust, a set of 20" multi-spoke alloys, Brembo brakes and a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The interior boasts ice-blue ambient lighting, leather sports steering wheel, a new intrstrument panel and built-in Holden MyLink infotainment system coming with an 8" touchscreen display.
- Custom Kandy ‘Fantale'metallic paint finish
- Twin five-spoke 20-inch wheels, hand-machined in billet aluminium, custom finished in gloss black
- Front Brembo brake calipers finished in gloss silver
- Wide, dominant front fascia features traditional sports grille and a prominent lower air intake, both laced in custom gunmetal chrome
- Sculpted, jewelled halogen projector headlamps with black bezels curve into prominent front fenders, flared, aero-modified wheel arches
- Muscular lower fascia incorporates LED daylight running lamps and black bezel fog lamps, custom gunmetal chrome accents, outboard extensions integrated into sharp sports rockers
- Prominent VF aluminium hood with centre crease emphasises performance potential; two raking spears sweep from the A-pillars
- Low, wide VF rear sports fascia – streamlined graphics with integrated tail lamps, aluminium decklid, body-colour bib spoiler, custom gloss black finish sports valance incorporating licence plate and quad V8 exhausts
- In profile, vertical fender vents and window surrounds are finished in custom gunmetal chrome
- All-new instrument panel with integrated centre stack combines high-resolution Holden MyLink infotainment system with 8-inch touch screen, climate and other controls
- Ergonomically advanced design relocates controls to more convenient positions, introduces console-mounted electric park brake control
- Cowled, angled instrument dials flank a LCD Driver Information Display screen with colour graphics
- All-new seat structures combine sports back and high-bolstered side support
- High-quality, layered finishes in smooth soft-feel leather and suede with perforated leather inserts are accented by contrast twin-needle and deck stitching
- Sports profile leather wrap steering wheel design is motorsport-inspired
- Ice blue ambient lighting illuminates lower centre console and door pull recesses
- Extra large dual cupholders can accommodate a wide range of container sizes