Hyundai Velocity Concept Debuts at SEMA [VIDEO]
Hyundai Velocity Concept is a vehicle which is to proudly debut at 2012 SEMA show. Originally the car is a Veloster sport coupe, but being a tuning it adds more aggressiveness and exceptional design language.
This Hyundai runs on 19 x 9.0 inch, HRE lightweight satin-charcoal racing wheels. In addition, the special car is fitted with tarmac-scraping lower body kit with generous front and rear brake cooling ducts, lift-reducing rear diffuser, oversized rear wing, and number one racecar design graphic.
The concept keeps the original silhouette of the Veloster, however adding a note on exponential performance gains and functional design cues. Furthermore, the 1.6-liter, direct-injected engine underwent some transformations thanks to Cosworth, including performance pistons, rods, turbocharger, intercooler, intake manifold, intake-charging design, fuel system and engine management.
All this results in more than 400 horsepower (295 kW) and 350 lb.-ft. (475 Nm) of torque. In addition, Velocity's suspension and braking modifications handle the acceleration capabilities under hood, with Brembo® 4-piston calipers and two-piece rotors, Bilstein® springs with monotube dampers, and Kumho Ecsta SPT 275/35R19 high performance summer tires.
The list of Velocity performance enhancements includes the following:
- Cosworth engine upgrades: Pistons, Rods, Turbo, Intercooler, Intake Manifold, Intake charge design, Fuel system, and Engine Management system
- CPR Fabrication: Custom Exhaust system
- Sparco: A1 WTX 5H Helmets, gloves, shoes, and seat belts.
- Race-keeper: Race-Keeper Video GPS data Acquisition System
- Katzkin custom suede leather interior:
- Raven and scarlet themed suede with red stitching
- CPR Integrated Roll Bar
- Velocity HATCI Design Body Kit:
- Front and rear braking airflow ducts
- Lift-reducing rear diffuser
- Integrated front splitter
- Aero side skirt lip
- Oversized rear wing spoiler
- #1 racing number design motif
- HRE P40 model 19 x 9.0" lightweight satin-charcoal wheels
- Brembo: 350x28mm two-piece Rotors and 4-Piston Calipers
- Bilstein: Monotube dampers and spring kit
- Kumho: Ecsta SPT 275/35R19 High Performance Summer Tires
Video Source: YouTube