2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport now upgraded
The compact crossover comes to offer composed handling and a comfortable and enjoyable ride. It has spacious interior with roomy seating for 5 adults. It is now equipped with wide array of welcome standard amenities and delivers an exemplary degree of both performance and fuel-efficiency In fact, this stylish crossover is currently the best-selling car in Mitsubishi Motors' North American model lineup.
In details, the vehicle is propelled by a powerful 148 horsepower (109 kW) DOHC 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which is equipped with Mitsubishi's advanced MIVEC variable valve-timing technology. Thank to it the 2013 Outlander Sport garners an impressive EPA fuel mileage rating of 31 mpg highway.
Other technologies which add further to the fuel-efficiency are the following: the advanced Electric Power Steering (EPS), gear shift indicator (5-speed manual transmission-equipped cars) or an Eco indicator (CVT-equipped vehicles) light, a higher-efficiency alternator and a wind tunnel-tested body design for wind-cheating aerodynamic performance.
Furthermore, the entry-level front-wheel drive 2013 Outlander Sport ES model includes the following features: air conditioning with micron filter; cruise control; power windows, mirrors and door locks; a 4 speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 sound system with the FUSE Handsfree Link System™ that allows voice-activated operation of an iPod® and a cell phone; intermittent rear wiper; rear LED combination tail lights; leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; anti-theft security system and a helpful multi-information monitor.
The standard safety features, which are inherent for any model include: Active Stability Control (ASC) with Hill Start Assist (HSA); anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist; Traction Control Logic (TCL); and an advanced front air bag SRS with passenger weight and driver's seat position sensors, front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, and curtain side air bags with roll-over sensors.
However, the 5-speed manual transmission which is included on the ES trim level as a standard, for other trim levels comes as an option. It features high-tech Continuously-Variable Transmission (CVT) with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
More to be offered from the The 2013 Outlander Sport ES is the 4WD. It also adds sumptuous amenities including; Super-wide beam High-Intensity Discharge (S-HID) headlights; One-touch Start/Stop (OSS) engine switch; automatic climate control; FAST-key passive entry system; heated front seats; rain-sensing wipers and a dynamic 6 speaker audio system with SiriusXM™ satellite radio.
The Outlander Sport SE is available with either 2WD or with a driver-selected, electronically-controlled 4WD system - the same all-wheel drive system found on the Mitsubishi Outlander SE mid-sized crossover vehicle.
Changes to the 2013 Outlander Sport include the following:
- Front Fascia – Redesigned front bumper section; New grille styling; New fog lamp design.
- Rear Bumper – New rear bumper design.
- Side Sills – Side sills now black in color to match the lower sections of the redesigned front & rear bumpers.
- Handsome 18-in. alloy wheels now standard on all on all trim levels for the 2013 model.
- New interior fabrics; New chrome accent molding for the front doors; New All Wheel Control (AWC) push button switch.
- Revised rear multi-link suspension for improved handling and ride comfort.
- Improved Continuously-Variable transmission (CVT) calibration for improved acceleration performance and smoother shifting feeling.
Exterior Color Availability
- New hues White Pearl and Quick Silver join Laguna Blue, Labrador Black Pearl, Mercury Gray and Rally Red.
- Wheelbase: 105.1 in.
- Length: 169.1 in.
- Height: 64.2 in.
- Width: 69.7 in.
- Engine: DOHC MIVEC 2.0-liter l4
- Horsepower: 148 @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque: 145 lb.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual or Sportronic® continuously-variable transmission (CVT) with steering column mounted paddle shifters
- Dynamics: Anti-Lock Brake System w/ Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist, Hill Start Assist (HSA), Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL) and Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Wheels: 18 x 7 in. aluminum alloy
- Maximum Tires: 225/55R18 (SE) all-season radials
- Fuel Economy: 31 mpg highway
Major Standard Features:
- Air conditioning with pollen filter
- Steering column mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Chrome grille surround
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Heated outside mirrors
- Advanced front air bag SRS with passenger weight and driver's seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and curtain side air bags with roll-over sensors
- Driver knee airbag
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- 60/40 split folding and reclining high-back rear seats with armrest and cupholder
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- Center room lamp
- High-contrast gauge meters with full-color LCD Multi-Information Display
- FUSE Handsfree Link System™ that allows voice-activated operation of an iPod® and a cell phone
- Rear LED combination tail lamps
- Cruise control with steering-wheel mounted controls
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel6-way manually adjustable driver's seat
- Power door locks and side view mirrors
- Power windows with driver's one-touch up/down
- Steering-wheel mounted audio and cruise control
- Two 12-volt power outlets
SE adds over ES:
- Super-wide beam High-Intensity Discharge (S-HID) headlights 6 speaker premium audio system with SiriusXM™ satellite radio with free 3-months subscription
- FAST-key passive entry system
- One-touch Start/Stop (OSS) engine switch Large center console with sliding armrest
- Heated front seats
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Fog lamps with chrome bezel
- Chrome exterior beltline molding
- Climate control system with full-auto air conditioning
Outlander Sport Options:
- Navigation w/Rearview Camera adds: 40GB HDD Navigation with Music server and Real-Time Traffic (RDS), rearview camera monitor.
- Premium Package adds: Panoramic glass roof with adjustable LED mood lighting, roof rails, 710-watt Rockford-Fosgate® audio system with 9 speakers including 10-inch dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch® control, In-dash 6-disc CD/MP3 compatible changer, digital signal processor, 3-band equalization and speed compensated volume, auto dimming rearview mirror, rear camera system.
- Exterior Sport Package adds: Rear spoiler, front corner extensions with LED daytime running lights, rear garnish, front lower garnish and aluminum-alloy fuel door.
- Interior Package adds: Gloss black audio and shift panel overlay, aluminum and leather combination shift knob.
- Illumination LED Package adds: LED interior room lamps, LED floor and tailgate lamps.
- Protection Package adds: Aluminum scuff plates, tailgate protector, rear bumper guard and front and rear mudguards.
- Cargo Package adds: Reversible carpet/rubber cargo mat, cargo net, cargo shelf board.