Saturn Vue And Saturn Sky Win Top Segment Honors In 2008 Auto Pacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards
The all-new 2008 Saturn Vue crossover SUV and the 2008 Saturn Sky roadster, which have helped lead Saturn's aggressive product renaissance, have won their respective segments in the 2008 Auto Pacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSAs).The Vue, totally redesigned for 2008, placed first in the Compact Crossover SUV segment. The Sky roadster, introduced in 2006 and the first vehicle to usher in Saturn's dramatically revised product lineup, won the Sports Car segment.
The VSAs, which measure owner satisfaction on 46 different attributes, are driven by data collected from thousands of new car and light truck buyers. They are based on surveys mailed to owners of new 2008 model year cars and trucks purchased between September through December 2007. Of the 46 attributes evaluated, 39 pertain directly to the product and seven focus on the financial and dealership aspects of the vehicle purchasing experience.
"These Auto Pacific awards are especially meaningful because they come directly from our customers. Not only do they tell us that we're building great vehicles, they reflect how well our customers were treated in our retail facilities," said Jill Lajdziak, Saturn general manager.
A compact five-door crossover SUV with Saturn's new European-inspired design and sporty ride and handling, the all-new, 2008 Vue is available in XE and XR models in front-wheel and all-wheel-drive configurations, as well as the Green Line hybrid and Red Line performance models. Base MSRPs range from $21,875 to $29,925.
The popular Sky roadster, available in base and Red Line performance models, emphasizes a bold, European-inspired look and fun, rear-wheel-drive responsive driving. It's geared to enthusiasts who want a sports car that doesn't break the bank. Base MSRPs range from $26,145 to $30,405.
Saturn has always been known for outstanding customer service. As part of the At-Home Test Drive program, participating Saturn retailers bring a new Saturn vehicle directly to customers' homes, workplaces or other locations for their evaluation. Before the test drive, retailers provide customers with a self-guided checklist to help them decide if the vehicle fits their needs.
Customers researching vehicles on Saturn.com have the opportunity to engage a live, online chat – 24 hours a day – with a Saturn customer service representative who is charged with helping the customer find the information he or she needs.
The At-Home Test Drive and the 24/7 Live Chat programs complement other innovative, customer-driven programs that include:
* No Hassle, No Haggle Pricing : Saturn retailers pledge to charge all customers one price.
* 30-day/1,500-mile Vehicle Exchange Program : Customers can return their new Saturn and exchange it for another Saturn vehicle if for any reason they are not satisfied.
* ImSaturn.com : Saturn owners, employees and fans can interact and get inside information about the brand at this first-of-its-kind social networking site.
* New-Owner Clinics : Saturn retailers regularly hold structured events to familiarize new Saturn owners with their vehicle and the services offered at the retail facility.
* Financial Services Certification : Saturn was the first automotive brand to require all retail finance and insurance managers to complete the rigorous professional certification from the Association of Finance and Insurance Professionals.