Toyota Tacoma X-Runner RTR (Ready to Race) to hit SEMA 2010
Toyota has unveiled an exclusively bold Tacoma X-Runner RTR (Ready to Race) truck, which is about to be exhibited for first time publicly at the upcoming SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The speedy pickup truck represents a 99 per cent in-house, high-performance masterpiece, as it incorporates almost only Toyota parts.
Under the race inspired dress of the Tacoma X-Runner RTR, a current-generation Tundra 5.7-liter V8 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and supercharged by a Toyota Racing Development (TRD) kit produces the strong 504 horsepower and 550 lb-ft of torque.
Standing on massive 15-inch steel wheels fitted with 30x11.5x15-inch Goodyear Eagle Dragway Specials at the rear and 28x4.5x15-inch Goodyear Eagle Front Runners at the front axle, the ‘hot' truck also boasts a sports cars inspired silver and red paint work made by the experts at Five-Axis. A 4.5 inches lowering, a special exhaust unit with two TRD perforated-chamber mufflers with a 3.5-inch pipe, and a prototype mechanical limited slip differential further lend the furious Tacoma X-Runner RTR (Ready to Race) pickup with even more road confidence and mean character.
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner RTR specifications:
- Stock Tundra i-Force 5.7-liter V8 engine with TRD Supercharger Kit – produces 504 HP and 550 lb.-ft of torque
- Tundra six-speed automatic transmission
- TRD mechanical limited slip differential
- Stock Tundra rear axle with a 4.3 ratio and 10.5-inch ring gear narrowed by 5.7 inches to Tacoma rear-track width
- Custom fabricated exhaust system including two TRD perforated chamber mufflers with 3.5-inch pipe
- Vehicle lowered 4.5-inches
- 10-inch wide rear wheels on 30x11.5x15-inch Goodyear Eagle Dragway Specials
- 4.5-inch wide front wheels with 28x4.5x15-inch Goodyear Eagle Front Runners
- Stock Tacoma X-Runner braking system
- Stock body panels
- Stock seats with classic Toyota fabric trim
- TRD-designed removable roll bar
- Custom TRD steering wheel
- Tundra stock accelerator and brake pedals
- Stock Tundra gated shifter with sport shift mode
- Five Axis Classic Silver and Red paint scheme with Toyota branded livery
- TRD Supercharger Tornado body graphic