Chevrolet Cruze Scores First WTCC Points Of Its Career
The new Chevrolet Cruze scored today the first point of its racing career in the WTCC, thanks to Nicola Larini's brilliant 8th position in Race 1 of the Mexican round of the Championship, which represents a first reward for the hard work put together by the entire team.
The eighth position allowed Nicola to start Race 2 from the pole position, giving the Cruze its first appearance on the front row of a WTCC grid. With a consistent drive, Nicola managed another finish in the top ten. Alain Menu and Rob Huff, who had to retire from Race 1 following race incidents, finished Race 2 just out of the top ten, in 12th and 14th positions respectively, after racing their way through from the back of the grid.
The focus of the Chevrolet team is now on the next race, in Marrakech, Morocco, and on the intense program of development ahead of what will be the first WTCC race on African soil. The Cruze will present itself in Morocco with a number of improvements, which should make it more competitive, and will also be able to benefit from the team's successful record in street circuits and their ability to learn new tracks quickly. The fact that the track will be new to everybody and that weight compensation measures will be introduced by the FIA before this third event is also expected to put all competitors on a more equal foot.
PUEBLA RACE 1 RESULTS
1. R Rydell SEAT Leon TDI 16 laps in 26m40s728
2. A Farfus BMW 320si +1s508
3. A Priaulx BMW 320si +1s986
4. Y Muller SEAT León TDI +4s620
5. J. Müller BMW 320si +5s717
8. N Larini Chevrolet Cruze +22s794
DNF A Menu Chevrolet Cruze (11 lap)
DNF R Huff Chevrolet Cruze (6 laps)
PUEBLA RACE 2 RESULTS
1. Y Muller SEAT León TDI 16 laps in 27m44s649
2. A Priaulx BMW 320si +0s459
3. R Rydell SEAT León TDI +1s240
4. A Farfus BMW 320si +1s973
5. S Hernández BMW 320si +5s819 10. N Larini Chevrolet Cruze +16s593
13. A Menu Chevrolet Cruze +22s795
14. R Huff Chevrolet Cruze +23s644
DRIVERS POINTS STANDINGS AFTER RACE 4 OF 24
1. Y Muller (SEAT) and R Rydell (SEAT), 30 points; 3. A Farfus (BMW), 20; 4. G Tarquini (SEAT), 19; 5. J Gené (SEAT), 18; ... 10. N Larini (Chevrolet), 1.
MANUFACTURERS POINTS STANDINGS AFTER RACE 4 OF 24
1. SEAT, 67 points; 2. BMW, 49; 3. Chevrolet, 20; 4. Lada, 18.