New Volvo C30 R-Design will be available in early 2010
The first Volvo C30 R-Design had enormous success among it's customers. Because of this reason Volvo decided to offer the new Sports Chassis as standard in the new C30 R-Design for better driving experience and more fun behind the steering wheel.
The car is lowered with 10mm and the springs stiffness has been increased by 30 percent. The dampers and the roll stabilizers are also stiffer. All this characteristics improve the handling a lot.
New Volvo C30 R-Design has a few exterior upgrades:
- Grille and door mirror housings in special silk metal finish
- Body kit with front and rear spoilers, lower door trim moulding and side-skirts colour-matched to the rest of the body
- New 17-inch five-spoke Cratus aluminium wheels (18-inch optional)
- Tailgate spoiler
- Visible chrome-plated sports tailpipe (90 mm)
- R-DESIGN badge in the grille
And also a few interior upgrades:
- Upholstery in two colour combinations: cream-coloured leather with sides in off-black T-Tec, or off-black leather with edges in off-black T-Tec
- Embossed R-DESIGN emblem in the front seats
- R-DESIGN centre stack and panel inserts
- Gear lever knob trimmed in leather and aluminium
- Sports pedals in aluminium, with rubber ribs
- Sports steering wheel trimmed in leather, with R-DESIGN emblem
- Blue speedometer and rev counter gauges
- Sports floor mats with contrasting piping
Press Release: The popular R-DESIGN specification is set to give the new Volvo C30 SportsCoupe more than just visual appeal with the introduction of the new Sports Chassis as standard.
With up to 80 percent of all C30 customers choosing R-DESIGN, the sports-inspired specification has been a success in the UK since it was launched to the range in 2007. Now Volvo is set to capitalise on this success by combining R-DESIGN with the new Sports Chassis to give the Volvo C30 a dynamic driving experience to match its sporty appearance.
New Sports chassis The new Sports chassis has been modified in several key areas to make the new Volvo C30 a better balanced and agile car. Firstly the chassis lowers the car by 10 millimetres, resulting in a lower centre of gravity to enhance the driving characteristics. The steering is more precise owing to the installation of stiffer bushings and the steering ratio is lower, giving 10 percent faster response to steering wheel input. Spring stiffness has been increased by 30 percent in order to increase the car's poise in enthusiastic driving, whilst the dampers, too, are stiffer and now build up pressure more quickly. The roll stabilizers are also stiffer to reduce any body roll when cornering.
Volvo has put the new Sport chassis through a regime of tests throughout Europe to ensure the new C30 performs, including on narrow, twisting lanes in England, at high speed on the German autobahn and on icy winter roads in the very north of Scandinavia.
New Volvo C30 R-DESIGN R-DESIGN gives customers the choice between seven exterior body colours and a range of specially designed exterior and interior details which are only available on R-DESIGN models. The body kit is painted the same colour as the rest of the body to give a visual impression that the car has been lowered substantially more than the actual 10 mm reduction in ride height. The new C30 R-DESIGN is also equipped with five-spoke Cratus wheels and the interior is now available with new black upholstery.
Further pricing and specification details Full details, including prices and specification, will be released closer to the on-sale date. First vehicles are expected to be in showrooms and delivered to customers in early 2010.