Volvo C30 Polestar Performance Concept Prototype is officially revealed
Volvo and Polestar Performance, the crew behind Volvo's championship-winning Swedish Touring Car Team has revealed the first real image of its ultra-powerful concept ride - Volvo C30 Polestar Performance Concept Prototype. Scheduled for official public debut at the today's starting Gothenburg Motor event, the Volvo C30 Polestar Performance Concept showcases what happens when pro-racing engineers and designers get free hands to develop a street ride without any limitations set by specific racing regulations.
The brand-new Volvo C30 Polestar Concept builds-on the already strong performance characteristics of the factory C30 and at the same time illustrates the link between the racing cars and the Polestar Performance products. Based on Polestar's huge experience in creating winning race cars, the concept race-inspired ride's interior and exterior design are mastered through computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and real race track experience.
Polestar C30 Performance Prototype Specifications:
- Volvo T5: 2.5L Turbo with larger intercooler and KKK 26 turbo
- Modified pistons, conrods and inlet camshaft
- Power Output: 405 hp. Torque: 510 Nm
- Quaife mechanical differential brake front and rear
- Haldex AWD
- Ohlins shock absorbers and springs
- More responsive steering rack with 2,25 ratio
- Front: Brembo 380mm discs with six piston calipers
- Rear: Brembo 330mm discs with four piston calipers
Rims and Tires:
- BBS FI 19x8,75"
- Pirelli P Zero 235/35 ZR 19
- Racing seats with Ternsjo leather and four point harness
- Aerodynamics derived from the STCC race car