2012 Mazda2 Venture Edition Goes On Sale
The redesigned model features several new additional items of equipment and a choice of six special exterior colours, two of which are unique: Dolphin Grey and Burgundy Red.
What is more, the Venture Edition features 16-inch gunmetal alloy wheels, sports styling kit, front fog lamps, privacy glass and a rear bumper sports trim.
The interior is also modified, and includes new technologies as well. For instance such are the Sanyo TomTom navigation system with a 5.8-inch touch screen, integrated Bluetooth® hands-free kit, climate control air-conditioning and electric rear windows.
In short, this latest and significant model of Mazda2 combines superior ride comfort, superb handling and quality with the stylish, spirited and fun-to-drive attributes. And may be this is why it is one of the best-selling cars in its class.
Only 1500 examples of the new 2012 Mazda Venture Edition will be manufactured. They will come win two one-of-a-kind colours: Dolphin Grey Mica and Burgundy Red Mica, as well as the regular colours from Mazda2's range: Crystal White Pearlescent, Brilliant Black, Aquatic Blue Mica and True Red.
Furthermore the Venture Edition model benefits from the standard equipment which includes plenty of features like: front, side and curtain airbags, remote central locking and dead locks, driver's seat height adjustment, leather steering wheel with audio controls, CD radio with Auxiliary jack and four speakers, 60/40 split folding rear seats and a Thatcham Category 1 alarm.
Next to be mentioned is that the vehicle has a lightweight construction. This contributes to excellent fuel economy and remarkable performance.
The new 2012 Venture Edition also stands out with its exceptional handling and driving dynamics.
The model is also to offer a stiff bodyshell, softer mountings for the rear trailing arms and re-tuned rear dampers.
What is more to be highlighted is that the vehicle is powered by a 84 hp (62 kW) 1.3-litre MZR petrol engine. Thank to it, the Mazda2 is able to accelerate the 0 – 100 km/h sprint for 13.6 seconds. In addition the new model offers 56.5mpg (combined cycle) and has a CO2 emission rating of just 115g/km.
2012 Mazda2 Venture Edition prices start from £12 995.
Safety & Security
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt reminder
- Front seatbelt pre-tensioners with load-limiters
- Three 3-point rear seatbelts
- Twin ISOFIX child seat anchorages
- Thatcham Category 1 alarm & immobiliser
- Sports styling kit (side skirts and rear spoiler)
- Sports headlights
- 16-inch gunmetal alloy wheels with 195/45 R16 tyres
- Front fog lights
- Body-coloured bumpers
- Body-coloured door handles and mirrors (electric, heated and folding)
- Rear bumper sports trim
- Privacy glass
- Venture Edition badging
Comfort & Convenience
- Remote central locking and dead locks
- Two remote folding jack-knife keys
- Electric front windows, with one-touch auto down (front only)
- Electric rear windows
- Climate control air-conditioning
- Remote release fuel filler flap
- Sporty black trim with red piping
- Driver's seat height adjustment
- Front centre console with storage and cup holders
- CD player with auxiliary jack and four speakers
- Leather steering wheel with audio controls
- Multi-function glovebox with magazine rack
- Sanyo TomTom Satellite Navigation with 5.8-inch touch screen
- Integrated Bluetooth®
- 60/40 split folding rear seats
Performance & Economy