JAGUAR XKR 75 takes a part at Goodwood Festival of Speed
Jaguar is going to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the company with the debut of XKR 75 at Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 2. The new sports car combines enhanced performance, superb chassis and steering control to bring extraordinary driving experience.
"The XKR 75 will provide owners with exclusivity, excitement and a hint of Jaguar's great heritage. This is a fitting way to celebrate the sporting credentials of the XK marque in the 75th year of the Jaguar name,", said Mike O'Driscoll, managing director, Jaguar Cars.
2011 Jaguar XKR 75 is powered by 5.0 litre supercharged engine with 530PS and 655Nm. The car is electronically limited to 174mph (280km/h) and the sprint from 0 to 60mph is covered in 4.4 seconds.
The Jaguar XKR 75 features upgraded suspension and handling for increased precision and agility in addition to the performance enhancements. The vehicle also has a revised aerodynamic body pack with a front splitter, side sills extensions, a rear diffuser and larger rear spoiler provide increased balance and a reduction in lift. The Active Differential Control also adjusts to reduce steering sensitivity at very high speeds, further improving stability and driver control.
Another enhancement is the semi-active sports exhaust, the XKR 75 produces a pulse-racing growl to match its performance.
Mike Cross, Chief Engineer Vehicle Integrity notes: "We conceived the XR 75 as a sports car with a duality of character that makes it perfectly suited to driving across Europe to the Nurburgring, completing some very fast laps, and then driving home again"
The car comes in a new Stratus Grey finish. Red brake callipers contrast the eye-catching 20" gloss Vortex forged alloy wheels with a dark technical finish and diamond turn. Customers will have the option to apply a unique body graphic that runs from the front bumper to the rear haunches.
Inside, Jaguar XKR 75 is finished in Charcoal with ivory stitch, piano black finish to facia and centre console and a Jet suedecloth headlining.
2011 XKR 75 will be limited to 75 units, which will be available to order from July 2010 in the UK priced from £85,500 OTR. Customer deliveries will start during October this year.
2011 Jaguar XKR 75 upgrades:
- Increased performance through detailed engine and transmission recalibration
Power increased to 530PS (compared to 510 PS on XKR)
Torque increased to 655Nm (compared to 625Nm on XKR)
Upgraded torque converter to handle the increased torque
- Upgraded suspension systems for increased precision and agility
Increased spring and damper rates (front springs 28 per cent stiffer, rear springs 32 per cent stiffer)
New fully-machined aluminium front and revised rear suspension upright for increased camber stiffness (increased by 25 per cent)
Re-tuned Adaptive Dynamics damper control software
Reduced ride height (15mm front and 10mm rear)
- Aerodynamic body pack with body coloured finish to front splitter, side sills extensions and rear diffuser, and body coloured larger rear spoiler and rear trunk lid finisher
- Sports exhaust with improved performance and acoustics – system has new crossover pipe and larger exhaust outlets
- New Stratus Grey exterior paint with optional graphics pack
- Red brake callipers and 20" Vortex forged lightweight alloy wheels, diamond turned with dark grey finish
- XKR performance interior in Charcoal and Ivory stitch leather, with Jet suedecloth headlining and XKR 75 tread plate
- Active front lighting
- Final calibration was done in partnership with the RSR engineering team which has been collaborating with Jaguar on the 2010 motorsport programme.