Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid with Michelin Pilot Super Sport
All models of the new the Porsche Panamera will be equipped with Michelin tyres when it is launched in July 2013. The performance Michelin tyres grant superb traction at all conditions. There will be summer, winter and all-season tyres in 12 different sizes. Summer Tyres:
The Michelin Pilot Super Sport was created through the unique combination of three components: the aramid fibre belt, the Bi-Compound tread band and the Variable Contact Patch 2.0.
The Variable Contact Patch 2.0 enables complete control of the vehicle by keeping the same amount of rubber on the road, even as the patch's shape changes during tight cornering.
Front 255/45 ZR 19 (100Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0 255/40 ZR 20 (101Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0
Rear 285/40 ZR 19 (103Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0 295/35 ZR 20 (105Y) PILOT SUPER SPORT N0
The Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 integrates a new winter tyre design called Ridge-n-Flex, which involves the optimal combination of two features.
Front 255/45 R 19 100V PILOT ALPIN PA4 N1 255/40 R 20 101V XL PILOT ALPIN PA4 N0
Rear 285/40 R 19 103V PILOT ALPIN PA4 N1 285/35 R 20 104V XL PILOT ALPIN PA4 N0
Developed for the North American market, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus stands out for its consistent high-level performance in all weather conditions.
Front 255/45 R 19 100V PILOT SPORT A/S+ N1 255/40 R 20 101V XL PILOT SPORT A/S+ N0
Rear 285/40 R 19 103V PILOT SPORT A/S+ N1 295/35 R 20 105V XL PILOT SPORT A/S+ N0
Check out Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid with Michelin Pilot Super Sport on the picture below!
Homologation: facts and figures
- 1 tyre manufacturer certified worldwide
- 12 sizes certified for all driving conditions (summer, winter and all season)
- 3 tyre ranges all featuring the Porsche N marking (N0 or N1)
- Global tyre coverage for a global car
- 40% of production will be fitted with Michelin tyres
- A 2½ year co-development project conducted jointly by Michelin teams and Porsche engineers
- The Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the summer tyre certified for two different rim diameters
- The Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 is the winter tyre certified for 19- and 20-inch rims
- The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus is the tyre certified, particularly for the North American market, in two rim diameters: 19- and 20-inches