Renault Unveils New Clio
New design reinforcing Clio's family ties with New Mégane New Clio sits squarely on the road and boasts revised styling, with the lines of the new headlamps now extending down to the lateral upturns of the front air intake. The broad grille in the lower part of the new front bumper sets off the dynamic styling with the presence of gloss black protective mouldings. The revised design of the rear lights extends the waist line across the hatch, while the uncluttered approach to the design of the central part of the rear bumper further emphasises New Clio's dynamic stance. The reversing lights and foglamps are positioned low down and to the extreme corners of the rear bumper.
The choice of the new interior trims and equipment aims to produce a sense of well-being and quality with the screen of the new Carminat TomTom GPS navigation system integrated into the upper part of the centre console.
New Clio GT: a new sport version As with other Renault models, a GT version forms part of the New Clio range. Its frontal styling is more aggressive and includes a gloss black grille, while the extended side sills hint at the performance of the GT's specific suspension settings. New Clio GT is easily recognizable from the rear thanks to its twin exhaust tailpipes and lip spoiler and features an exclusive body colour, Malta Blue.
There are eye-catching sports details inside the car, too, including drilled aluminium pedal covers and extra side support for the seats, plus GT-badging for the front seats.
Carminat TomTom: the first fully integrated, updatable and affordable navigation Renault's latest GPS navigation, Carminat TomTom, is the fruit of the carmaker's partnership with TomTom to bring affordable, integrated navigation to Renault customers. Ready to start working from the moment the car is started and particularly easy to use, the system ensures Clio 2009 drivers benefit from safe and stress-free motoring.
Some Carminat TomTom's features are:
- an easy-to-read 5.8 inch (14.7cm) colour screen (larger than that of removable systems) for the display of detailed birds-eye view maps,
- reliable, updateable navigation complete with traffic, safety camera locations and speed limit information,
- at a price of less than £500
All the fundamentals of Clio III New Clio boasts the same qualities that saw Clio III earn the 'Car of the Year ' award in 2006, namely:
- benchmark interior space and comfort
- acclaimed ride comfort
- a wide choice of responsive, environmentally-friendly engines,
- a range of equipment from the next segment up, including a hands-free card, cruise control and speed limiter
- outstanding safety credentials
- the same rigorous build quality that has made it one of the most reliable cars of its segment
Further details will be announced at the forthcoming Geneva Motor Show.