2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz has announced the new ML 63 AMG. The SUV is not only superbly powered, but it now features efficiency and performance, exclusivity and an awesome driving experience. The vehicle boasts a 28% improvement in efficiency over its predecessor.
2012 Mercedes ML 63 AMG is powered by a new 5.5 litre bi-turbo V8 engine with 525PS (386 kW) and 700Nm (519 lb-ft). The optional AMG Performance package boosts the V8 engine's power output to 557PS (410 kW) and its maximum torque to 760Nm (563 lb-ft).
"Like its predecessors, the new ML 63 AMG sets new standards in terms of performance, exclusivity and a superlative driving experience – plus the efficiency factor, which is acquiring ever greater emphasis at Mercedes-AMG. As the inventor of the high-performance SUV, we remain true to the philosophy which we introduced in 1999 with the ML 55 AMG and continued in 2005 with the ML 63 AMG.", commented Ola Källenius, Chairman of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
The newly developed ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM for active roll stabilisation, the AMG-specific design and the broad scope of standard equipment and appointments provide for a highly attractive overall package.
The AMG 5.5-litre V8 biturbo engine features spray-guided direct petrol injection with piezo injectors, ECO start/stop system, an all-aluminium crankcase, four valves per cylinder with camshaft adjustment, air-water charge air cooling and generator management. All this mean that you'll have more power, better torque and less fuel consumption, which is 23.9 mpg. 0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds and 4.7 seconds if fitted with the AMG Performance Package, while the top speed stands at 250 km/h (155 mph) – electronically limited.
The engine is mated to AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC system, which is 7-speed automatic gearbox with several functions – C (Controlled Efficiency), S (Sport) and M (Manual).
The AMG Performance package includes an engine cover in high-quality real carbon, callipers in red painted finish and the AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather/DINAMICA.
2012 ML 63 AMG stands on enormous five-spoke light-alloy wheels – 9J x 20" with 265/45 R 20 up front and 10J x 21" with 295/35 R 21 at the rear axle.
The AMG high-performance braking system provides for the shortest possible braking distances and high fade resistance, featuring ventilated and perforated brake discs all-round in size 390 x 36 mm – front and 345 x 26 mm - rear.
The interior boasts electrically adjustable AMG sports seats, four-spoke AMG Performance steering wheel with aluminium shift paddles. There are also aluminium trim elements, leather upholstery and a lot AMG badges. The distinctively designed instrument cluster with colour TFT monitor, AMG welcome logo and AMG main menu is exclusive to the ML 63 AMG.
The designo Exclusive package features Nappa leather upholstery on the AMG sports seats with an unusual diamond pattern. It is available in designo marron, designo porcelain and designo black. There are also AMG badges in the backrests of the front seats and the outer rear seats as well as velour floor mats with designo metal badges and black designo leather edging. A designo roof lining in DINAMICA black rounds off the designo Exclusive package.
Further optional items include designo trims in black piano lacquer and the designo wood/leather steering wheel in black piano lacquer.
The new Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG will launch in the UK in Spring 2012.
|ML 63 AMG|
|Bore x stroke||98.0 x 90.5 mm|
|Compression ratio||10.0 : 1|
|Output||525 hp at 5250 rpm 557 hp at 5750/rpm*|
|Max torque||700 Nm at 1750-5000 rpm 760 Nm at 2000-5000 rpm*|
|Engine weight (dry)||204 kg|
|Fuel consumption, NEDC combined||23.9 mpg|
|CO2 emissions||276 g/km|
|Acceleration 0-62 mph||4.8 s 4.7 s*|
|Top speed||155 mph**|
* with AMG Performance package; ** electronically limited.
Check the standard and optional equipment, below!
2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG standard equipment:
• AMG door sills in stainless steel
• AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
• Audio 20 CD radio with Bluetooth and USB interface
• Tyre pressure monitoring system
• Electric sliding glass roof
• Heated seats for driver and front passenger
Exclusive optional extras are also available from the AMG Performance Studio:
• AMGfloor mats
• AMG light-alloy wheels (10 x 21) in 5-spoke design, painted in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, fitted with tyres in size 295/35 R 21
• AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather/DINAMICA
• AMG Performance package with increase in power of 32 hp and 60 Newton metres more torque, AMG engine cover in high-quality real carbon, AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather/DINAMICA, callipers in red painted finish
• Trailer coupling with electric unlocking
• Becker® MAP PILOT
• Electrically operated EASY PACK tailgate
• Rear Seat Entertainment System
• harman/kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system
• Wood/leather steering wheel in nappa leather
• THERMOTRONIC luxury automatic climate control
• Light package including Intelligent Light System
• Media interface
• Memory package
• COMAND Online multimedia system
• Electrical panoramic sliding glass sunroof
• Aluminium-look running boards with rubber studs
• TV tuner
• Wood trims