2013 Ford Taurus
Ford has exclusively released detail specifications and high-end images of the refined for 2013 model year – 2013 Ford Taurus.
Housing improvements in the areas of efficiency, technology and styling, the 2013 Taurus large sedan is also showcasing significantly bettered driving dynamics, achieved thanks to the addition of an EPAS system, which improves the steering response by speeding up the steering ratio and rigidly mounting the steering rack to the subframe.
Mark Fields, Ford's president of The Americas, stated: "We have significantly upgraded Ford's flagship sedan through obsessive attention to detail. The new Taurus builds on the transformation we achieved in the 2010 model. Delivering so many upgrades so soon further underscores Ford's leadership and commitment to delivering high-quality, fuel-efficient cars for our customers."
For 2013 model year, Ford Taurus' power compartment offers a choice of two extremely well balanced units, the turbocharged 2.0 litre EcoBoost engine with gasoline direct injection, which produces 237 horsepower and 250 lb.-ft. of peak torque yet estimates best-in-class highway fuel economy of at least 31 mpg, and the standard Taurus 3.5 litre V6 unit that delivers total output of 290 horsepower. Both engines will be linked to Ford's unique -speed automatic transmissions that offer optimized gear selection for off-the-line power delivery in lower gears, while benefiting fuel economy with higher gears that keep the engine turning efficiently at lower revolutions while cruising.
In technology terms, 2013 Taurus full-size sedan hosts the latest version of SYNC with MyFord Touch system, which offers customers simplified operating, replacing many traditional buttons, knobs and gauges with clear, colorful LCD screens and steering wheel-mounted five-way toggles. Additionally, the new Taurus will be also packed with some amazing sense-pleasing features, including:
- New heated steering wheel adds to the comfort of the heated and cooled leather-trimmed seats
- Multicontour seats with Active Motion™, a Taurus class-exclusive offering, help to reduce driver and first-row passenger fatigue with a subtle rolling massage pattern
- Intelligent Access with push-button start, allowing the driver to enter the car and start the engine via push button simply by having the key fob in his or her possession
- Auto high beams employ a sensor to switch headlamps to high beam when no oncoming traffic is detected
- Rain-sensing wipers use an advanced optical sensor to detect the intensity of rain and/or snowfall to automatically adjust wiper speed
- Rear view camera activates when reverse gear is selected, projecting via the center stack-mounted 8-inch screen
- Rear window power sunshade, a luxury-class feature that shades the rear glass at the touch of a button, helping to keep the cabin cooler