2013 Ford Tourneo Custom
Ford has announced the new dynamic Tourneo Custom, which will hit the market later this year. It was presented as a concept at the Geneva Motor Show and the production version will be unveiled at the 2012 Birmingham Commercial Vehicle Show in April.
"The bold new Tourneo Custom signals the start of a revolution in Ford's commercial vehicle range," commented Stephen Odell, chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe.
"It's a fantastic-looking people mover – inside and out – and offers outstanding day-to-day, real world practicality as well as being great to drive.", he added.
The Tourneo Custom has an advanced, streamlined profile based on the same "Kinetic" design approach popular on Ford passenger cars. This includes a sportier stance, bold rising shoulder line, flush glazing, distinctive trapezoidal grille and prominent wheel lips.
The van is available in 8 or 9-seat configurations and a choice of short wheelbase (4.97 metres) and long wheelbase (5.34 metres).
The interior also features car-like style and sophistication. The stylish, sculpted driver-focussed instrument panel features technologies closely-related to those found in the Ford car range. The cockpit is further enhanced by a highly adjustable driving position with the steering column adjustable for reach and rake.
The rear seats boast completely new design that can be easily folded into multiple configurations and removed in segments or completely. Rear passengers enjoy a spacious environment and comfortable, fully-trimmed cabin.
The high level of technology offered by Tourneo Custom includes the following features:
- ECOnetic Technologies – Ford's advanced low-CO2 features including standard Auto-Start-Stop and Smart Regenerative Charging on all Stage V emission vehicles
- SYNC voice-activated, in-car connectivity system – enables mobile phones and music players to be connected to the vehicle, and operated by voice control
- Emergency Assistance – enabled by SYNC, this award-winning new feature is designed to assist occupants to contact the Emergency Services in the event of an accident, providing vehicle location information
- Advanced restraint system – includes driver, passenger, side and curtain airbags
- Rear-view camera – integrated into the rear view mirror
- Lane Keeping Alert and Driver Alert – latest driver assistance features alert the driver if the system detects the vehicle is inadvertently drifting out of the lane, or the driver is becoming tired behind the wheel
There is only one engine, but with three power ratings: 100 PS, 125 PS and 155 PS. It is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and has a standard Auto-Start-Stop. Tourneo Custom has superb fuel consumption of 6.9 l/100 km and 182 g/km CO2 emissions.
The Tourneo Custom and other all-new Ford Commercial Vehicles will be revealed in 2012, starting at the Birmingham CV Show in April.