2016 Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet has been just revealed and it has a lot to be proud of. For the new model year, the car gets way sportier exterior, new colors in its exterior color palette and more refined interior. And did you know that VW's Golf-based cabrio is one of the most successful open-top cars currently on the market in Germany?
Where we can see all that it's got to share with us? Of course, the answer is at the Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) and this is exactly where Volkswagen will introduce all benefits of the visually update variant of the "four-seater soft-top best seller".
1. Sportier Appearance
By now there is only one picture released. Thanks to it, we can see that car's front is characterized by sportier front bumper, while its sides – by new sills. The rear also got an update via sporty accents on the rear bumper.
2. More Colors
The new open-top experience that the latest generation Golf Cabriolet will offer will be undoubtedly colorful. There are six new exterior colors as well as an additional soft-top color and six new wheel designs.
3. Updated Interior
In the cabin, the car is fitted with the latest generation steering wheel and a lot of new trim elements and designs for the cloth and leather seats. Also new on board are the Composition Colour and Composition Media radio/infotainment systems. Discover Media navigation system will be offered as an option.
4. How About the Engines?
Volkswagen also said that there will be a major update to the range of engines in the Golf Cabriolet. They will all switch to the Euro 6 emissions standard. The four petrol (TSI) and two diesel engines (TDI) in total are direct-injection turbo engines with powerful torques to match.
Here are more official details about the updates regarding the engines:
- 1.2 TSI 77 kW / 105 PS Fuel consumption in l/100 km: 5,2 - 5,1 (combined); CO2-emissions in g/km: 119 - 117 (combined); efficiency class: B
- 1.4 TSI 92 kW / 125 PS Fuel consumption in l/100 km: 5,5 – 5,3 (combined); CO2-emissions in g/km: 127 - 121 (combined); efficiency class: B
- 1.4 TSI 110 kW / 150PS Fuel consumption in l/100 km: 5,5 – 5,2 (combined); CO2-emissions in g/km: 128 - 120 (combined); efficiency class: B-A
- 2.0 TSI 162 kW / 220PS Fuel consumption in l/100 km: 6,5 (combined), CO2- emissions in g/km: 152 (combined); efficiency class:C
- 2.0 TDI 81 kW / 110 PS Fuel consumption in l/100 km: 4,3 – 4,2 (combined), CO2-emissions in g/km: 111 – 109 (combined); efficiency class: A
- 2.0 TDI 110 kW / 150 PS Fuel consumption in l/100 km: 4,7 – 4,6 (combined); CO2-emissions in g/km: 125 – 122 (combined); efficiency class: A