Alpine-Nissan N°36 Unveiled!
The Parisian public and visitors to the French capital recently got the opportunity to discover the new Alpine prototype - Alpine-Nissan N°36, which is poised to compete in this year's endurance racing season. When the veil was lifted under it was a striking blue and orange livery which recalls the colors sported by the Alpines that raced at Le Mans some five decades ago.
In fact, the unveiling of this unique car marks the beginning of another phase. The goal with this car is to be competitive in endurance racing's highly competitive LMP2 class. Brand will use the different test sessions that are planned, as well as the first two rounds of the ELMS in order to get ready for June's Le Mans 24 Hours.
Those who were chosen to get behind the wheel of the N°36 Alpine-Renault are Nelson Panciatici, Tristan Gommendy and Pierre Ragues. As a reserve driver was chosen Paul-Loup Chatin.
N°36 ALPINE-NISSAN – TECHNICAL DATA
- Chassis: Alpine
- Engine: Nissan V8 (type VK45)
- Maximum power: 500hp
- Fuel and lubricants: Total
- Transmission: Six-speed sequential X-Trac gearbox
- Steering: Hydraulic, power steering
- Brakes: Brembo carbon brakes
- Tyres: Michelin
- Length: 4,610mm
- Wheelbase: 2,870mm
- Width: 1,995mm
- Weight: 900kg
- Top speed: 330kph
- March 26-27 Official ELMS test, Paul Ricard, France
- April 13 ELMS (round 1), Silverstone, GB
- May 18 ELMS (round 2), Imola, Italy
- June 9 Pre-Le Mans 24 Hours test, Le Mans, France
- June 23 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours, Le Mans, France
- July 20 ELMS (round 3), Red Bull Ring, Austria
- September 14 ELMS (round 4), Hungaroring, Hungary
- September 28 ELMS (found 5), Paul Ricard, France