2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE with upgraded performance package
Chevrolet Camaro is a legend among the cars and it has been famous and gathered greater popularity since its launch in 1967. One of the main reasons for its initial popularity was probably that it had a unique characteristic: it combined a sports car driving feeling with an everyday drive.
2013 Chevrolet Camaro is road-racing-inspired which now has unique gearing, suspension tuning and tires that make the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration. The package is offered on Camaro SS coupes but only on those equipped with manual transmissions.
In particular all Camaro SS models now include variable-effort electric power steering and an available dual-mode exhaust system. Again we are talking about manual transmission-equipped models.
As mentioned, the 1LE package will be offered on 1SS and 2SS coupe models with an exclusive Tremec TR6060-MM6 six-speed manual transmission. Paired with a numerically higher 3.91 final-drive ratio, the close-ratio gearing of the transmission is tuned for road-racing performance.
A Camaro with the 1LE package can be recognized by its matte black hood, front splitter and rear spoiler. Furthermore, it has unique 10-spoke ZL1-based wheels, which are also in the colour black. In addition the front splitter and rear spoiler enhance to the car's on-track performance by helping to reduce aerodynamic lift at high speeds.
Inside, the 1LE has the ZL1's flat-bottom steering wheel, trimmed in sueded-microfiber and designed for easier heel-and-toe driving on the racetrack. The quick-acting, short-throw shifter from the ZL1 is also trimmed in sueded-microfiber.
Being a true Camaro it offers heritage-inspired interior and exterior, which offer sportiness through iconic design cues. On the other hand the emblematic power of the vehicle is ensured by several powertrains. The standard in LS and LT models come equipped with the 3.6L V-6 engine, which produces 323 horsepower (241 kW).
Two other options are available for the Camaro SS, which namely are 6.2L V-8 ones. The first one generates 400 hp (298 kW) at 5,900 rpm and torque is 410 lb.-ft. (556 Nm) at 4,300 rpm. The second one develops 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 Nm). All Camaro models can be equipped with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission with TapShift.
Other equipment which will go on all Camaros is the new seven-inch touchscreen. Through it the driver will control the car's entire audio system, which now includes MyLink features with apps like Pandora and Stitcher.
Other changes to optimize the 1LE for track-day use include:
• Larger, 27-mm solid front stabilizer bar, and 28-mm solid rear stabilizer bar for improved body control
• Higher-capacity rear-axle half shafts to cope with increased levels of traction
• Strut tower brace for improved steering feel and response
• ZL1-based 20 x 10-inch front and 20 x 10-inch aluminum wheels
• 285/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires front and rear (identical to the front tires for ZL1)
• ZL1 wheel bearings, toe links and rear shock mounts for improved on-track performance
• ZL1 high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups for improved fuel delivery during high-load cornering.
The 2013 Camaro lineup includes the following:
• The 323-horsepower (241 kW) V-6-powered LS coupe and LT coupe and convertible – including the 2LS with an EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway
• The Camaro SS coupe and convertible, with a 6.2L V-8 delivering up to 426 horsepower (318 kW)
• The 580-horsepower (432 kW) supercharged Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible. (Please see the separate Camaro ZL1 release for complete details.)
In addition to the new performance features offered on the Camaro SS, all 2013 Camaro models offer a wider range of choices and enhancements that will help it remain America's most popular sports car. New and revised content includes:
• Chevrolet MyLink and color-touch radio standard on LT, SS, and ZL1 models
• Chevrolet MyLink and color-touch radio with GPS map navigation (late availability)
• Hill start assist now standard on all manual transmissions
• ZL1-style shift knob standard on all manual transmissions
• Remote vehicle start now include on 1LT and 1SS with automatic transmission
• Blue Ray Metallic exterior color
• Frameless inside rearview mirror
• New 18-inch and 20-inch wheel designs
• Mojave leather interior trim.