Peugeot 208 GTi Sport To Participate In 2013 VLN Championship
It has just been announced that the new Peugeot 208 GTi Sport is going to take part in the 2013 VLN championship. The model is the fourth race edition of the 208 model variant and includes additional beneficial features compared to the previous versions.
Its builds on its three elders - T16, R2 and Racing Cup, hence it was designed in a very short amount of time. To be more precise, the studies around it began in December last year, while the preparation of the first shell began in January 2013. Then the assembly of the 208 GTI Sport happened in February following a first drive at the end of the same month.
The model includes collection of mechanical components developed and tested for 208 T16, 208 R2, 208 Racing Cup and also for RCZ Racing Cup. The latter vehicle was a benchmark in the SP2T category in Germany with wins in the VLN, 24 Hours Nurburgring 2012 and the Bathurst 12 hours this year.
The strengths of the standard 208 GTi model are also present in the Sport modification. For example, like the GTi it is equipped with a 1600 turbo petrol engine tuned from 200 hp (147 kW) to 300 hp (220 kW). The unit is mated to a six-speed gearbox operated by paddle shifters.
Furthermore, this Peugeot runs on 18'' wheels and has reinforced braking system, 100 litre petrol tank and aerodynamics designed to take advantage from the race regulations to the limits. The overall weight of the car is of 990 kg.
Technical Specifications – Peugeot 208 GTi Sport
- Type : EP6 CDT
- Capacity : 1.600 cm3 turbo
- Maximum power : 300 hp
- Maximum torque : 36 m.daN
- Fuel capacity : 100 litres
- Fuel system : Magneti Marelli high pressure direct injection
- Engine management ECU : SRT Magnetti Marelli + data acquisition
- Display screen : Couleur Magnetti Marelli
- Gearbox : 6-speed + sequential control via steering-mounted paddles
- Clutch : Push mechanism, two disc ceramic/metal 184 mm
Brakes / Steering
- Front brakes : 355 dia x 28mm ventilated discs / 6-piston calipers.
- Rear braked : 290 dia x12mm non-ventilated discs/ single-piston calipers.
- Front/rear brake distributor
- Steering : Rack and pinion with hydraulic power assistance
- Front suspensions : pseudo McPherson, specific lower arms with ball joints
- specific front anti-roll bar on plain bearings, specific struts: forged
- aluminium (camber adjustment at the swivel).
- Rear suspensions : "H" reinforced axle and modified for interchangeable anti-roll bars
- Front and rear dampers: specific 3-way Цhlins + adjustable hydraulic bump stops
- Structure : Bodyshell reinforced with multi-point welded roll-over bar (FIA
- Openings : Doors, bonnet and tailgate in composite material
- Windows : Polycarbonate side windows and rear screen
- Weight : 990 kg
- Front/rear distribution : 63% / 37%
- Length / width : 3.962 mm / 1.820 mm
- Wheelbase : 2.560 mm
- Wheels / tyres : Slicks 245/65-18 – Rain 245/64 - 18
- Flexible vertical front blade
- 1440mm rear spoiler meeting the VLN regulations
- Rear diffuser
GalleryPeugeot 208 GTi Sport