Tesla Roadster 2.5 at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2010
At the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2010, Tesla Motors has pulled-off the cover on its new, refined version all-electric sporty ride Tesla Roadster 2.5. The new version of the eco-friendly 2-door, 2-seater boasts new features in both design and technology, including a new front fascia, rear diffuser, improved seat comfort and internal finishes, sound dampening and a large touch screen navigation system.
Elon Musk, Telsa Motors CEO, shares: "Although development of the Model S is our main focus, this shows that we still care a great deal about improving the Tesla Roadster. These improvements are a direct result of customer feedback and come only a year after release of Roadster 2.0, showing an exceptionally rapid pace of innovation. Where feasible, we will also offer existing customers the ability to purchase the upgrades now available in version 2.5."
New Features on 2011 Tesla Roadster 2.5 include:
- A new look, which includes a new front fascia with diffusing vents, and rear diffuser reflecting the future of Tesla design
- Directional forged wheels available in both silver and black
- New seats with improved comfort, larger more supportive bolsters and a new lumbar support system
- Power control hardware that enables spirited driving in exceptionally hot climates
- An optional 7-inch touchscreen display with back-up camera
- Improved interior sound reduction including new front fender liner material make the cabin even quieter
The improvements of the enhanced sports BEV are the direct result of accumulated customer feedback, achieved thanks to Tesla's unique, company-owned retail network, which allows engineers to receive customer feedback directly and iterate rapidly.
As the brand is delivering the new Tesla Roadster 2.5 to the dealerships in Europe, Asia and North America, the curious customers and fans can see the refined ride at the London showroom at 49-51 Cheval Place in Knightsbridge, near Harrod's.