The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG can be ordered from 16 November
From yesterday, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG can be ordered. Total price of the vehicle is 177,310 Euro ( including 19% VAT). Customers will be able to get further information about paint finishes, leather colours, standard equipment and optional extras available for the SLS AMG. They also can configure their dream vehicle online at the official sites of Mercedes-Benz.
"Following a high-profile world premiere at the IAA, we are very excited about the SLS AMG's commercial release on Monday. There is huge interest in ournew super sports car and we are convinced that the SLS AMG will captivate our customers," says Volker Mornhinweg, Chairman of the Management Board at Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
The market launch of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is scheduled for spring in 2010, until then customers and fans can have comprehensive insight into all the top features of the car. Both online magazines cover performance, technology, design and equipment in exciting video material, as well as in words and pictures.
Probably the most important feature of SLS AMG is the completely independ development from Mercedes-AMG GmbH. The car has aluminium spaceframe body with gullwing doors to achieve maximum strength and perfect aerodynamics.
SLS AMG is powered by the already famous AMG 6.3-litre naturally aspirated V8 front-mid-engine with 571hp and 650Nm of torque, combined with seven-speed double-declutch transmission. There is no doubt, that SLS will be one of the fastest cars on available on the market in this price range. The top speed is 317km/h and the strange is that it is electronically limited, may be for better safety? Besides that the acceleration from 0 to 100km/h is a try to brake the laws of physics - 3.8 seconds, not too bad for a car, which weights more than ton and a half. On the top of these figures comes the combined cycle, which is only 13.2 litres per 100 kilometres, makes it one of the best among its competitors.
The car has also sports suspension with aluminium double wishbones and a kerb weight of 1620 kilograms based on the DIN standard. The weight distribution is not too far from perfect, it is 47 to 53 percent respectively at the front and at the rear axle. This combination guarantees maximum driving pleasure behind the steering wheel of SLS AMG.
The net price of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is just 149,000 Euro and 177,310 euros gross (including 19% VAT).
Main options for SLS AMG:
- AMG ceramic composite high-performance braking system: €9500 net/ €11,305 gross
- AMG performance suspension with a stiffer setup for optimum lateral dynamics: €1200 net/€1428 gross
- AMG light-alloy wheels in a 5-twin-spoke design, size 9.5 x 19 inches (front) and 11.0 x 20 inches (rear), tyre sizes 265/35 R 19 (front) and 295/30 R 20 (rear): €950 net/€1130.50 gross
- AMG forged wheels in a 10-spoke design, size 9.5 x 19 inches (front) and 11.0 x 20 inches (rear), with tyre size 265/35 R 19 (front) and 295/30 R 20 (rear): €2000 net/€2380 gross
- AMG performance steering wheel in leather/Alcantara: €400 net/€476 gross
- AMG sports bucket seats: €3300 net/€3927 gross
- AMG carbon-fibre engine compartment cover: €4000 net/€4760 gross
- "AMG alubeam silver" paint finish: €10,000 net/€11,900 gross
- "AMG monza grey magno" paint finish: €3250 net/€3867.50 gross
- AMG carbon-fibre trim (front stowage tray and rear stowage compartment including lid, AMG DRIVE UNIT surround, surrounds for the centre console, shiftgate and rear, trim strips for centre console and door armrests): €3500 net/€4165 gross
- AMG interior carbon package (carbon-fibre trim, trim on seat backrests and sides, door sill panels): €3500 net/€4165 gross
- designo leather nappa exclusive single-/two-tone: €2500 net/€2975 gross
- Memory package with electric seat and steering column adjustment, as well as four-way lumbar support: €1225 net/€1457.75 gross
- 6-disc DVD changer: €660 net/€785.40 gross
- Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG surround sound system: €5900 net/ €7021 gross