Nissan launches the highly-efficient Fuga Hybrid
Nissan has exclusively confirmed November 2nd as the official sales start of its all-new, luxury, environment-pleaser Nissan Fuga Hybrid sedan on the Japanese market. This ultra efficient, high-end model comes as a fresh addition to the current generation Fuga luxury sedan, which the fans acclaimed for its flawless masculine styling, spacious and cozy cabin ambience, stunning performance and long list of safety technologies.
In the terms of powering, the new Fuga Hybrid benefits from Nissan's original one-motor two-clutch parallel hybrid system named Intelligent Dual Clutch Control, which combines a number of advanced environmental technologies for achieving staggering fuel economy figures - 19.0 km/L, while offering the exclusivity and driving experience of a true luxury ride. In more detail, the 2010 Fuga Hybrid's Intelligent Dual Clutch Control system utilizes a 3.5-liter VQ35HR V6 engine unit and a high-response electric motor connected directly to the transmission, without the use of a traditional torque converter.
Further technology additions that exclusively contribute for the ride's outstanding, athletic performance feel are the double-piston shock absorbers, and the first-ever application of both the advanced Electro-hydraulic Power Steering system and Electric Driven Intelligent Brake system, providing both high quality riding comfort and sophisticated, exhilarating driving.
For the most fastidious buyers, the new Nissan Fuga Hybrid will be offered with a VIP Package, which will include special features, such as power reclining rear seats, a built-in control switch in the rear center armrest, and an electrically operated rear window sunshade.
A Premium Interior Package will be also available optionally, featuring special materials - semi-aniline leather with soft-to-the-touch and natural textures, as well as a comfort suspension.
2010 Nissan Fuga Hybrid Specifications:
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with chrome color coating
- Available in a choice of seven body colors, including a new Eternal Snow White (a special Titanium Metallic color with Scratch Shield)
Mechanism and equipment
- Nissan original one-motor two-clutch parallel hybrid system, Intelligent Dual Clutch Control
- High-output lithium-ion battery with a quick charge/discharge function
- Advanced HM34 electric motor with maximum power output of 50kW(68PS) and maximum torque of 270Nm
- Special engine for hybrid VQ35HR with maximum power of 225kW(306PS)/6800rpm and maximum torque of 350Nm/5000rpm
- Electronic 7-speed hybrid transmission with manual shift mode
- Safety Shield Package with Intelligent Control Assist (Distance Control Assist), Intelligent Cruise Control, FCW (Forward Collision Warning), Intelligent Brake Assist/Emergency Brake Operated Pre-crash Front Seat Belts, LDP (Lane Departure Prevention)/LDW (Lane Departure Warning), VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control including TCS), and ECO-pedal)
- Electro-hydraulic Power Steering system, which drives the pump by electric motor to generate hydraulic pressure
- Electric Driven Intelligent Brake, with applied electric type booster
- Regenerative braking system
- World's first adoption of an opposite direction driving warning system, which gives the driver audio and visual warnings when the vehicle detects that it is going in the opposite direction on highways based on the vehicle driving information (vehicle speed, GPS location, map information in the car navigation system)
- Approaching Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians (AVSP) system, which makes sound from the start of the vehicle until the vehicle speed reaches 30km/h and when it slows to under 25km/h; it also generates an intermittent sound when the vehicle is in reverse
- Double-piston shock absorbers, which utilize a double-piston structure to help control damping force according to vibration frequency from the road surface
- Forest AC air conditioning system, with an electric compressor used to operate the air conditioner while the engine is not in motion
Eco-Drive Support Function
- Special meter display for the Nissan Fuga Hybrid which shows various information, including operating conditions of the hybrid system (Energy Monitor), battery remaining capacity, Accelerator Guide, ECO-drive Indicator and a liquid-crystal odometer/twin trip meter (with an EV mode travel distance display function)
- CARWINGS Navigation System, which can simultaneously show Energy Monitor, the average/instant fuel economy and the map on the monitor (HDD system with a terrestrial digital TV tuner)