2012 Ford Mustang Mayhem
Ford has announced a special version of 2012 Mustang V6, which will be offered with a new Mayhem performance package.
"We saw great enthusiasm from fans, with tons of creative, unique names coming in," commented Brian McClary, Ford social and emerging media specialist.
"The contest was twofold – it let us engage with fans by letting them have a say, and it helped build awareness for the package.", he added.
2012 Ford Mustang Mayhem is powered by a 3.7 liter V6 engine with 309PS (227 kW) and 379Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque. It is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and returns 19 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
The car comes with a sport-tuned suspension, a strut tower brace and a revised electronic stability control system. Mustang Mayhem features a high performance braking system. It stands on big 19" alloy wheels fitted with Pirelli high-performance tires. The power is put on the road through LSD (limited slip differential) with ratio of 3.31.
2012 Ford Mayhem Mustang Package:
- 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
- Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
- Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
- Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
- Unique 19-inch wheels
- Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
- Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
- Strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
- Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
- Unique badging
edit: Ford Mustang GT on the pictures