2012 Honda Civic 5-door EU
Honda has released a full information about the new 2012 Civic 5-door Euro-spec. The car is created with only one purpose – to get you from point A to point B safely and cheaply without any difficulties.
2012 Civic features new lower and wider aerodynamic monoform profile with perfect drag coefficient. The front has a unique look as well as the wide aero management rear combination lamp. There are a lot of changes and many new body colours for the exterior.
The interior boasts a new functional cockpit layout with two control interface zones, a full-colour i-MID TFT screen incorporating an Eco driving support function, audio display and user support. There is also a premium sound system with 90W Subwoofers and 25mm AL dome tweeters available as an option. The steering wheel features new design with easy operating controls finished in extra-smooth leather. Blue interior door lining illumination is also available.
The luggage space is superb – 401 litres.
The engine range includes a 1.4-liter i-VTEC with 100PS (73 kW) and 127Nm (94 lb-ft). 0 to 100 km/h in 13.4 seconds and a top speed of 187 km/h (116 mph). The impressive about it is the fuel consumption – 52.3 mpg, which is only 5.4 litres per 100 km with CO2 emissions of 129 g/km.
The bigger 1.8 liter i-VTEC has 142PS (104 kW) and 174Nm (128 lb-ft). The performance is satisfying – 0 to 100 km/h in 9.1 seconds and a top speed of 215 km/h (134 mph). It needs only 5.8 litres per 100 km on combined cycle – 48.7 mpg with CO2 emissions of 137 g/km.
There is also a diesel – 2.2 liter i-DTEC with 150 PS (110 kW) and 350Nm (258 lb-ft). It is the best choice – 8.5 seconds to 100 km/h and the top speed is 217 km/h (135 mph). It covers 100 km with just 4.2 litres diesel – 67.2 mpg with CO2 emissions of 110 g/km.
Check out all new features, below!
- New functional cockpit layout (two control interface zones)
- Full-colour i-MID TFT screen incorporating an Eco driving support function, audio display and user support
- Premium sound system with superior 20cm 90W subwoofers and 25mm AL dome tweeters (optional)
- New touch point surface materials used throughout for an improved quality feel
- New designed steering wheel with easy operating controls finished in extra-smooth leather with more comfortable stitching (depending on grade)
- Blue interior door lining illumination (depending on grade)
- Lower and wider aerodynamic monoform profile
- Elegant look seamlessly unifying all surfaces including the wheel arches and the body
- Lower and wider unique look in the front area
- Wide aero management rear combination lamp
- New brake and indicator light cluster design
- New body colours
Comfort and convenience
- Air chamber support seat with lumbar and side support
- Audio key-off timer and station list
- Large, smooth-operating electric sunshade with central opening
- HDD navigation system with arrow display, 11 languages and an 800x480mm WVGA screen (depending on grade)
- Power windows operated by key fob
- Coupling to keyless button function allows the door mirrors to be folded and retracted
- Hill start assist
- Multiple storage console, including USB/iPod® and AUX inputs
- Revised interior and exterior door handles
- Smoother gear shift feel
Fuel economy and environmental performance
- ECO Assist
- Idle Stop
- ACG multi-stage control
- Reduced engine friction
- Optimised combustion
- Air shutter grille on diesel model
- LED day time running lights for improved conspicuity
- Cap-less fuelling system with misfuelling guard for diesel models
- Auto high-beam support system (grade depending)
- Distinctive, high-mounted brake light
- ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), CMBS (Collision Mitigation Brake System - grade depending)
- Variable speed limiter
- Hands-free array microphone (grade depending)
- Lowered rear extra window for better view from the driver's seat
- Improved crosswind stability
- Fluid-filled compliance bushings for superior damping in the rear suspension
- H-Beam Trailing Arm with even higher rigidity than the predecessor Civic Type R for road stability
- 2.2-litre i-DTEC diesel producing 110g/km of CO2 with 150 PS and 350 Nm of torque.
- 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol producing 137g/km of CO2 with 142 PS at 6500 rpm and 174 Nm of torque at 4300 rpm
- 1.4-litre i-VTEC petrol producing 129g/km of CO2 with 100 PS and 127 Nm of torque at 4800 rpm