2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - 1/4 mile in 12.23 seconds with 185 km/h
HPEdesign published a video showing a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray hitting the dragstrip. One of current best US sports cars is able to cover quarter mile in low 12 seconds.
2014 Corvette Stingray is powered by a 6.2 liter V7 LT1 engine - 460HP (343 kW) at 6,000RPM and 630Nm (465 lb-ft) of torque at 4,600RPM. The engine is mated to a 7-speed manual gearbox with active rev matching. Originally, it accelerates 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and has a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
According to the testing, the model did 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 4.15 seconds, 0-100 mph (0-160 km/h) in 9.5 seconds and covered ¼ mile in 12.23 seconds @ 185 km/h (114.88 mph).
This particular car comes with the Z51 package including:
· enhanced aero package for optimised high-speed stability
- electronic limited-slip differential
- specific shocks, springs and stabiliser bars
- specific performance gear ratio
- dry-sump oiling system, differential and transmission cooling
- larger front (8.5J x 19″) and rear (10J x 20″) wheels and tyres
- larger front (345 mm) and rear (338 mm) brakes