2014 Honda Accord Hybrid
Honda US is planning to invest $23 million and hire approximately 50 new associates at its Marysville, Ohio auto plant to add production of the new two-motor Accord Hybrid Sedan, scheduled to go on sale nationwide this fall.
"With more than 30 years of continuously building eight generations of the Honda Accord close to our customers, our team now is using its experience and flexibility to add this sophisticated Accord Hybrid model," commented Jeff Tomko, plant manager of the Marysville Auto Plant.
"At the same time, we are continuing with our commitment to manufacture new models in Ohio, along with the resulting growth in jobs.", he added.
The new 2014 Accord Hybrid Sedan joins the 2014 Accord Plug-in Hybrid Sedan in incorporating Honda's first two-motor hybrid system. Both the Accord Plug-In and Accord Hybrid team a new Earth Dreams™ Technology 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine with a powerful 169HP (124 kW) traction electric motor that can function as an electric continuously variable transmission (e-CVT) and a 143HP (105 kW) electric motor for power generation.
In the last three years, Honda has announced investments at its Ohio manufacturing facilities exceeding $800 million. They include projects to establish on-site parts consolidation centers, renovate auto assembly and painting operations, and major investments at the Anna Engine Plant, as well as its transmission plant in Russells Point, to manufacture continuously variable transmissions (CVTs).
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
- USB/iPod® connectivity
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Pandora® internet radio compatibility
- Smart Start and Smart Entry
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition2
- Multi-view rearview camera
- HondaLink™ EV telematics system
- Heated front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Driver's 10-way power seat with 2-position memory
- Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
- Audio with touchscreen interface
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Bio-Fabric seating surfaces
- Expanded-view driver's mirror
- LED mirror-mounted turn signals
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- LED headlights
- Fog lights
- Chrome-plated door handles
- Decklid spoiler