2014 Lexus IS C Brings Together Two Worlds
The two worlds of coupe and convertible are only 20 seconds away when speaking about the new 2014 Lexus IS C models. This is the time needed for the three-panel aluminum roof to lower once the driver has pushed the switch. The hardtop disappears beneath a locking panel.
For the MY 2014, two IS C models will be available: IS 250C is powered by a 204 hp (150 kW) 2.5-liter V6 engine and the IS 350C which is powered by the more potent 306 hp (225 kW) 3.5-liter V6. Both engines are mated as a standard with a six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
The quiet ride is secured by an acoustic glass windshield, along with special seals on the roof, door and window panels. The back window is made from reinforced glass. When the hard-top is up, then there is a space for two golf bags in the trunk. When the top is down, the space reduces up to one golf bag.
In addition, ere is available a F SPORT package that comprises of sport-tuned suspension, F SPORT 18-inch wheels, exclusive interior trim and aerodynamic body features give the IS C models a decidedly sporty stance, with enhanced agility to match. What is more, the F SPORT Performance Accessories available for the IS C models feature 19-inch forged alloy wheels, suspension and brake upgrades, air intake, exhaust systems and more.
This Lexus model was constructed mainly of lightweight aluminum including the retractable hardtop. The latter includes an automatic front lock assembly which delivers the interior supreme security. When the top is stowed, a lock assembly engages to keep the panel in a fixed, stable position.
As an option, the car can be equipped with the available Intuitive Park Assist (IPA). The driver will hear a warning, and a warning light will illuminate in the instrument panel, when there is a vehicle in the immediate vicinity.
As a standard, the IS C is equipped with Lexus Premium Audio System, which features a six-disc, in-dash CD changer, eight speakers, integrated SiriusXM Satellite Radio receiver, Bluetooth hands free phone capability with automatic phonebook download, Bluetooth music streaming, and USB/iPod connectivity
The four seat interior of the 2014 Lexus IS C offers high level of luxury as standard. For example, there are leather-trimmed 10-way power-adjustable front seats which come with power lumbar support. Optionally, there are heated and ventilated front seats, and the heating range includes the shoulder areas.
Available connectivity and infotainment features include hard disc drive (HDD) navigation system, Lexus Enform, with Destination Assist, eDestination, and App Suite, and Navigation System/Mark Levinson Audio Package. On the other hand, the IS C's Lexus Enformwith Safety Connect is standard on all vehicles.
Another option here is the Pre-Collision System (PCS) which is packaged with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control that utilizes millimeter-wave radar in order to measure and help maintain a pre-set following distance from a vehicle traveling ahead.
2014 Lexus IS C Specifications:
F SPORT package:
- Sport-tuned suspension
- F SPORT 18-inch wheels with dark superchrome finish
- Upper and lower grille insert
- F SPORT steering wheel and F SPORT heated and ventilated front seats
- Front lip spoiler
- Aluminum sport pedals
- Silver metallic interior trim
- Aluminum scuff plates
- F SPORT badging.
- The IS 250C's 2.5-liter V6 engine delivers 204 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 185 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,800 rpm.
- The IS 350C's 3.5-liter V6 offers 306 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 277 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,800 rpm.
- The 3.5-liter V6 augments the direct fuel injection with port fuel injectors. In light- and medium-load conditions, these additional injectors help produce a precise burn, optimizing power and efficiency.
- A dual exhaust system reduces backpressure.
- The body structure has excellent rigidity and strength, achieved by effective structural changes and additions to the rocker area, A and B pillar under structure, side collision crossmember, and upper and rear-floor crossmembers; underfloor braces were added in the front and rear.
- High-rigidity damping materials and asphalt sheets were added to help minimize vibration effects.
- The IS convertible features standard 10-spoke 17-inch wheels with a clean liquid-graphite finish and optional split five-spoke or five-spoke 18-inch wheels with a liquid-graphite finish and all-season tires.
- Standard Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management System (VDIM) interfaces with the electronic throttle control system and governs all of the vehicle's dynamic handling systems – the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) – employing them collectively and seamlessly to make corrections while helping provide higher dynamic capability.
Safety and Security Features:
- Seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters are used for the front seats, while the rear seats adopt emergency locking retractor seatbelts.
- The Lexus Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) includes dual-front airbags, front-seat-mounted side curtain and torso side airbags, and knee airbags for both the driver and the front passenger.
- Two convenient fold-forward lock-release levers on both sides of the front seats make operation easier from any seat. In addition, the passenger seat features a power slide button on the top of the seatback to ease rear seat ingress/egress.
- An available automatic one-touch, easy-entry power-seat mechanism provides even easier egress and ingress through quick-acting, front-seat fold-and-slide activation.
- The doors feature three open-stopping positions (rather than the normal two) to add convenience in various parking situations.
- The standard SmartAccess keyless entry and push-button-start/stop allows the driver to keep the access key fob in a pocket or purse.
- Standard Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) helps prevent the vehicle from moving backward when the driver's foot moves from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
- Lexus' available Hard-Disk Drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Bluetooth automatic phonebook download and music streaming HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging.
- Available in conjunction with the optional navigation system is a 12-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio system that features discrete 5.1 multi-channel playback, nine amplifier channels providing 270 watts total output at 0.1 percent total harmonic distortion (THD).
- Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with LED daytime running lamps (DRLs) are available.
- The optional Intuitive Park Assist (IPA) system uses ultrasonic sensors to detect objects close to the car's front and rear bumpers, alerting the driver and showing distance to objects in the multi-information display within the speedometer.