2014 Volkswagen Transporter Sportline 60 Special Edition
Volkswagen has unveiled the 2014 Transporter Sportline 60 Special Edition created to celebrate the model's 60th anniversary in the UK. The new model replaces the current Sportline and is available in short and long wheelbase forms as either a Kombi or panel van.
Some of the additional extras includes a set of 18" five-spoke alloy wheels finished in nice anthracite finish. There are also glossy black door mirror covers, black steel side bars, special decals as well as front and rear parking sensors. Other nice features include heated door mirrors, remote central locking, ABS, climate control and electric windows.
The interior boasts a Kenwood SAT NAV system with smartphone mirroring functionality as well as Bluetooth connectivity and DAB radio. The color range includes Reflex Silver or Deep Black as well as a Candy White finish with a Deep Black roof.
The engine is a 2.0 liter BiTDI four-cylinder diesel – 180HP (132 kW) and 400Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission. Retail prices start from £29,940 (excluding VAT) for the manual transmission (short wheelbase) and rise to £34,170 (excluding VAT) for the DSG transmission (long wheelbase).
The current Transporter range is one of the broadest in the commercial vehicle sector and comprises of panel van, Kombi, Shuttle, Caravelle and California variants.
Sportline 60 specification
- 18-inch Sportline five-spoke alloy wheels finished in Anthracite or Black/Silver and with 255/45 R18 103 tyres. Includes Tyre Mobility System
- Available in Brilliant Silver or Bi-colour finish
- Body-coloured bumpers and door handles
- Gloss black door mirror covers with Sportline logo
- Front spoiler
- Gloss black upper and lower front grille with chrome detailing
- Headlights with interior chrome detailing
- Darkened rear light clusters
- Black steel side bars
- Rear roof spoiler
- Sportline exterior badge
- Quilted, embossed leather upholstery with Sportline logo
- Front carpet floor mats with Sportline logo
- Leather-covered steering wheel and gearknob
- Armrests on driver's seat
- Climatic semi-automatic air-conditioning for cab
- Kenwood DAB Multimedia System, with 7" colour touchscreen, full European Garmin satellite-navigation with real-time traffic information, built-in Bluetooth® phone connectivity. DAB radio and single CD with DVD playback
- Full iPod or iPhone connectivity with an optional lead
- Trip computer with multi-function display
- Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera
- Front fog lights with cornering light function
- Thatcham Category 1 – approved alarm and immobilizer with tow-away, perimeter and interior cab protection
Sportline 60 prices
|Panel van range||Transmission||Wheelbase||Price (Basic ex. VAT)|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Six-speed manual||SWB||£29,940|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Seven-speed DSG||SWB||£31,520|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Six-speed manual||LWB||£30,640|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Seven-speed DSG||LWB||£32,220|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Six-speed manual||SWB||£31,890|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Seven-speed DSG||SWB||£33,470|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Six-speed manual||LWB||£32,590|
|T32 2.0 TDI 180PS||Seven-speed DSG||LWB||£34,170|