Chevrolet Corvette Z06X Track Car debuts at SEMA
Chevrolet Corvette Z06X Track Car is one of the undoubted highlights at the Chevy's booth at this year's edition of SEMA. As the name suggests, the special ride showcases how a production Corvette can be easily transformed into an exceptional, full-on track ride.
Developed in collaboration with the brand's partners in the American LeMans Series - Pratt and Miller, the Corvette Z06X Track Show Car draws its basis from the Corvette Z06, packed with a 1LZ equipment package, a Z07 Performance Package, as well as a CFZ Carbon Fiber Package.
Among its most significant race-orientated enhancements, the Corvette Z06X utilizes an adjustable carbon fiber rear wing, a polycarbonate rear window, roll cage, racing seat and safety harness, racing wheels, suspension enhancements – including coil-over struts with fully adjustable camber plates – racing-spec cooling system and more.
On its exterior, a remarkable low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior color accented by exposed carbon fiber body components and red trim is reinforced by the 10-spoke black racing alloys wrapped in high-performance racing tires, which lend the ride even purer racing character.
Dave Ross, design manager stated: "It's a classic case of form following function. The exterior color and accents were carefully selected to enhance the Corvette's racing-influenced design, but there's nothing superfluous in the Z06X's design – everything is there for a reason."
Chevrolet Corvette Z06X Track Car mod list:
- Low-gloss Icy White Metallic color with exposed carbon fiber and red accents
- 2011 CFZ-option carbon fiber package, including splitter and rockers
- Adjustable carbon fiber wing
- ZR1 carbon fiber roof panel and B-pillar panels
- Carbon fiber raised hood (from the Z06 Carbon Limited Edition)
- Carbon fiber headlamp housings from Specter Werkes/Sports
- Weight-saving and shatter-resistant polycarbonate rear window
- Base Z06 1LZ trim
- Radio, carpeting and sound-deadening material removed
- SCCA-spec roll cage
- SCCA-approved window net
- Racing seat with five-point safety harness
- Fire suppression system
- Driver's drink system
- Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
- Genuine Corvette Accessory racing pedal kit
- LS7 7.0L V-8 engine and Tremec six-speed manual transmission
- Low-restriction air intake system
- High-capacity radiator and enhanced cooling system
- New-for-2011 Z07 Performance Package, feature Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors and special brake pads
- Lightweight racing wheels in black; 19-inch (front) and 20-inch (rear)
- Michelin racing tires
- Mono-ball control arm bushing
- Adjustable stabilizer bars
- Coil-over struts with adjustable camber plates