2015 Dodge Challenger Unveiled In New York
2015 Dodge Challenger was firstly teased in the beginning of the month with a single image which didn't say much. Now, the car is officially here. Its debut happened during the New York Auto Show. The model has 1971-inspired design in terms of both interior and exterior. Nevertheless, it also features contemporary treatment, which includes new split grille, more pronounced and functional power bulge hood, LED halo headlamps and LED tail lamps.
In the special line-up of vehicles is present the Scat Pack 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 model which produces 485 horsepower (357 kW) and 644 Nm (475 lb.-ft.) of torque. Its unit is coupled to a six-speed manual transmission or a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. Further exclusive highlights here are the Brembo brakes and 20-by-9-inch aluminum wheels.
The interior of the new Challenger features 1971-inspired high-sill center console and driver-focused instrument panel, aluminum bezels. In fact, there are offered 14 interior colors and trim options. Some of them include throwback Houndstooth premium cloth, Radar Red, or Pearl and Alcantara suede and leather high-performance seats.
In terms of new technologies, the upgrades featured inside are the new 8.4-inch touchscreen media center with Uconnect Access system, new class-exclusive 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable cluster display and electronic shifter and Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start.
Safety and security is ensured via more than 70 features such as Forward Collision Warning, adaptive cruise control, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection. The car will be also available with rear-wheel-drive (RWD) architecture. Advanced technological solutions such as new electric power steering (EPS) with three driver-selectable steering modes are also present.
The 2015 Challenger is offered in eight trim levels: SXT, SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Shaker, R/T Plus Shaker, 6.4-liter Scat Pack and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker. The production of the car is scheduled for the third quarter of 2014.
2015 Dodge Challenger Specifications:
- Standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 delivers 305 horsepower
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with an estimated 485 horsepower with 475 lb.-ft. torque (six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic)
- 0-60 mph in the mid-4 second range with new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- Quarter mile in low-12 second range
- Top speed of 182 miles per hour (mph)
- World-class stopping power with new available four-piston Brembo® brakes
- New launch control and three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with "full off" mode
- Fourteen all-new interiors with new retro colors, including Houndstooth, Tungsten Torque, Ballistic II premium cloth, and Pearl White or Ruby Red leather sport seats
- Heated and ventilated performance seats available in Nappa leather and Alcantara suede
- Dodge race-inspired heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with available paddle shifters
- Heritage-inspired split grille surround
- Projector headlamps with halo light-emitting diode (LED) surrounds
- Projector fog lamps
- Heritage-inspired split LED tail lamps with Gloss Black surround
- Retro and high-impact exterior colors ranging from Sublime Green and B5 Blue to TorRedNine wheel options, including new 20-by-9-inch lightweight forged aluminum wheels in Hyper Black II finish
- Eeight-speed TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- Eelectric power steering
- Standard 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable cluster with "tic-toc-tach" gauges
- Available 8.4-inch touchscreen
- ParkView rear backup camera
- Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call and roadside assistance
- Electronic shifter paired with eight-speed automatic transmission
Safety and security features:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
- Forward Collision Warning