The next generation Toyota Land Cruiser is released
The Uk five-door model is available with a revised 171bhp 3.0-litre D-4D engine, combined with a five-speed automatic transmission. The price range is between £29,795 to £44,795 and it depends on equipment level. There are three trim levels available for the new Land Cruiser - LC3, LC4 and LC5 - with seven seats fitted as standard on all but the entry level version (on which third row seats are an option).
The exterior of the new Land Cruiser isn't too different. The vehicle is slightly larger than its predecessor to give more comfort for occupants and better off-road agility. The interior packaging is luxurious as usual. Besides that new Land Cruiser offer more space inside the cabin, there are EasyFlat third row seats that can be raised of folded flat at the touch of a button (LC4 and LC5 models). The load space is also increased and the new rear glass hatch allows items to be loaded without having to open the full side-hinged tailgate.
The big SUV continuous the tradition of body-on-frame construction, which provides exceptional off-road ability. Of course the on-road qualities of the vehicle are perfect, too.
The new Land Cruiser features a lot of systems, which maintain road ability and help the driver tackle even the most challenging routes.
- Electrically modulated Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), which minimizes body roll and gives positive steering on-road, and increases wheel articulation off-road.
- Full-time All-wheel drive with Torsen limited slip differential.
- Multi-Terrain Select (MTS), with four driver-selectable modes to tailor vehicle settings for different off-road conditions.
- Multi-Terrain Monitor, a world-first system of front and side view cameras that give the driver a real-time view of areas immediately around the vehicle that can't be seen from the wheel.
- Crawl Control, which controls the engine and brakes to maintain a slow, safe speed when driving off-road or wading, so the driver only needs to concentrate on steering. This operates in both forward and reverse gears.
- Active Traction Control (A-TRC), Multi-Terrain ABS and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) are fitted as standard on all models.
The equipment of the new Land Cruiser is at very high level. It features 17-inch alloys, roof rails, fog lamps, climate control, cruise control, Bluetooth and Smart Entry and Start system. All these are part of the LC3 specification.
The second level adds triple-zone climate control, 18-inch wheels, powered folding third row seats, leather upholstery, electrically adjustable heated front seats, dusk-sensing headlights, auto-dimming rear-view mirrors, rear parking monitor, 17-speaker JBL premium audio package and a hard disc drive (HDD) navigation system with a 10GB sound library.
At the highest level LC5, the vehicle comes with Adaptive Variable Suspension with Active height Control, sunroof, Crawl Control, Multi-terrain Monitor, Steering Angle Display, Multi-terrain Select and a rear seat entertainment system for DVD playback and gaming.
Because of the huge experience of Toyota in making big SUVs for on and off-road driving, there is no doubt that the new Land Cruiser will be best-seller like the previous version.