2012 SsangYong Korando Sports to be launched this autumn
2012 SsangYong Korando Sports is going to be launched in October. For the first time it was presented as a concept at international motor shows last year. Now Korando Sports is ready to bring new level of refinement to the market.
The new SsangYong model is going to combine the suspension, engine and cabin finesse of a passenger car, the silhouette, space and seating for five that's typical of a double cab, and the rugged workmanlike ability of a commercial pick-up.
This Korando is the prefect practical vehicle which has the capability to haul up to 2.3 tonnes and yet also to be used as a family car. It meets a range of different demands from towing a work trailer or horsebox to ferrying the crew to site or the children to school.
Furthermore, the SUV will deliver its driver both great performance and economy, thanks to its e-XDi active diesel engine. This new 2 litre engine generates maximum power of 155 hp (114 kW) and has a peak torque of 360 Nm (266 lb-ft) delivered between 1,500rpm and 2,800rpm.
The fresh and modern exterior design is also a highlight here. It has a dynamic and sophisticated appearance, including a mesh grille, trapezoidal bumper and stylish black headlight bezels to provide a premium touch.
The sharp belt line runs to the rear bumper contributing to a sleek and sporty stance. The wide glass area at the rear affords excellent rearward visibility.
In terms of interior, the Korando Sports provides a spacious cabin. One can also experience there the light and airy environment thanks to the large front, side and rear windows. At the same time the careful blending of black and metallic finishes along with an LED illuminated instrument cluster give the interior design a feel of luxury and refinement.
In the model range are to be two versions. The firs one – the SX, is already comprehensively equipped, while the EX comes with the luxury touch of leather upholstery with seat warmers, powered driver's seat, distinctive 18" alloy wheels, heated, electrically adjustable and power folding door mirrors, and rear parking sensors.
In terms pf practicality this SUV offers everything that one might need. For instance, the large, flat rear deck delivers a 2.04m2 load area completed with load deck liner and anchor points. An optional rigid hard top is available to provide weather protection and security to the load area, and comes with a hinged rear window that closes behind the tailgate so that the car's central locking secures and protects the contents.
The price of the new pick-up will be announced at its launch in October.
2012 SsangYong Korando Sports Equipment:
- Mechanical: 155PS 2.0-litre active diesel engine with CDPF, Part time 4WD system, 6 speed manual transmission, Double wishbone front suspension, 5 link rear suspension, Hydraulic power steering
- Seats: Woven cloth upholstery, 2nd row seats with folding centre armrest, Front tilt headrest, Height adjustable driver's seat, Climate control, Manual air conditioning, Rear heating duct
- Appearance: 16" alloy wheels with 225/75 tyres, Full size spare tyre, Chrome and black grille, Black bezel headlight surround, Tinted glass all round, Body colour exterior door handles, Waist line moulding with stainless steel insert, Roof mounted aerial
- Convenience: Leather gear knob, Leather covered steering wheel, Dual Remote Keyless System (REKES), Kenwood MP3 CD & RDS Radio, USB & aux. port, 4 speakers, Bluetooth hands-free, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Windscreen de-icer, Headlamp leveling, Trip computer, Load deck liner, Shopping bag hook, Heated rear screen with timer, Overhead console, Digital clock, Handy centre storage console, Front cup holder
- Safety: Ultra-rigid frame for greater strength, less vibration and noise, Door impact beams for optimal protection from side collisions, Airbags for driver and front passenger, Seatbelt load limiters and pre-tensioners, 4-channel anti-lock braking system, Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Active Roll-over Protection (ARP) and Hill Start Assist (HSA), Disc brakes on all 4 wheels, Front ventilated disc brakes, Door courtesy lamps, Front and rear fog lamps, Alarm and immobilizer system, Childproof safety locks, Speed sensitive door locks, Collapsible steering column & rake adjustable, ISOFIX and tether anchorage for baby car seat, Seatbelt reminder for driver, Safety power window on driver's side, Visual VIN plate
- Additional Equipment on EX: Leather upholstery, 8-way power driver's seat, Heated front seats, Heated and electrically adjustable door mirrors, Automatic power folding door mirrors, 18" alloy wheels with 255/60 tyres (no flange), Rear parking sensors, 6 speed automatic transmission, Electronic cruise control - included with the above option
2012 SsangYong Korando Sports Technical Specifications:
|Engine||e-XDi active diesel engine|
|Driven Wheels||Part Time 4WD|
|Min. turning radius||m||6.2|
|Weight||Gross vehicle weight||Kg||2,740|
|Bore x stroke||mm||86.2 X 85.6|
|Compression ratio||-||16.5 : 1|
|Number of cylinder||-||In-line 4|
|Performance||Max. power||PS/rpm||155 / 4,000|
|Max. torque||Nm/rpm||360 / 1,500 ~ 2,800|
|Max. speed||mph (Km/h)||107 (171.6)||106 (170.4)|
|Hill start ability||degree||22.6||30.9|
|Combined||mpg (l/100km)||31.4 (7.5)||29.4 (8.0)|
|Urban mpg||mpg (l/100km)||24.5 (9.6)||23.1 (10.2)|
|Extra urban mpg||mpg (l/100km)||36.8 (6.4)||34.5 (6.8)|