2012 Volvo C70 Inscription
Volvo UK has announced the new special edition C70 Inscription, which is the world's first four-seater convertible car with a three-piece folding hard top as standard.
2012 Volvo C70 Inscription also comes with painted grille and black 18" wheels with exclusive interior features, including Sovereign Hide upholstery and a leather-covered dashboard.
The new C70 Inscription will be limited to just 2 000 units a year as each starts at £33 855 OTR for the D3 SE Inscription and can be ordered from mid-November with first deliveries in February 2012
"The Inscription is based on our human-centric Designed Around You philosophy, offering those customers who love convertibles and coupés a beautifully detailed version with a lot of kerb appeal," commented Doug Speck, Senior Vice President Marketing, Sales and Customer Service at Volvo Car Corporation.
The engine range includes both five-cylinder 2.0 litre diesel engines: the D4 with 177PS (130 kW) and 400 Nm (296 lb-ft) and D3 with 150PS (110 kW) and 350Nm (259 lb-ft). It is available in three colours: Black Stone (Solid), Black Sapphire (Metallic) and Ice White (Solid) and also benefits from exclusive 18" black Midir alloy wheels with black detailing and polished spokes and outer rim.
At the front of the Inscription edition, the high-gloss paint on the grille and the LED Daytime Running Lights are both surrounded by contrasting chrome, giving this C70 a distinctive "face".
The Volvo C70 Inscription will debut at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show that opens on November 16th.
Exclusive interior The interior also features a distinctive new look that echoes the unique exterior, including:
- An exclusive leather-covered dashboard with contrasting stitching
- Sovereign Hide upholstery in Off Black or Calcite with the same contrasting stitching as on the dashboard, handbrake lever and carpets
- "Inscription" embroidered on the front headrests
- Special Inscription carpets and handbrake lever
- Steering wheel and gear shift knob with aluminium inlays
- Sports pedals with aluminium inlay
- Aluminium inlay in the iconic ultra-slim centre stack is standard, Black or Nordic Light Oak as an option